Report to Finance Director, this role exists to:
- Lead the regional IFRS Group reporting with support to Actuarial and Solvency II reporting providing sound financial analysis and understanding with regard to business performance and drivers
- Act as a business partner/country manager to support the business units and act as a bridge with head office to facilitate fit for purpose reporting and implement new initiatives
- Strengthen the regional finance function and streamline the reporting processes as well as add value to the annual budgeting process and participate in ad hoc projects (e.g. new accounting standard, new country entry, M&A, and reporting process improvements)
This is a highly dynamic regional role with working opportunities with various functions (risk, actuarial, business development, legal and internal audit etc) within the Asia organization and exposure to senior management. A successful candidate will be able to gain a thorough understanding of how insurance companies are managed from a financial, actuarial and business points of view, how new (digital) insurance models work and be able to contribute to building and strengthening the finance community of the region.
- Lead the regional IFRS quarterly closing process and support the actuarial reporting process including Market Consistent (MCVNB) and SII related reporting for the region
- Strengthen the financial controls and transformation efforts for the region
- Act as a business partners/ country manager to support the business units and a bridge with head office
- Contribute to other finance related initiatives
- Participate in the annual budgeting process
- Coordinate and provide ad hoc analysis / requests for senior management
- Take part in ad hoc projects including new accounting standard implementation, systems implementation, new business opportunities etc
- Degree / Diploma in Accountancy or finance related disciplines
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of relevant experience in financial / managerial / actuarial reporting, consolidation, financial planning, and analysis experience in multinational insurance company
- Experience in regional office is a plus
Professional / Technical Competencies Required
- Understanding of insurance cash flows, accounting and P&L such as source of earnings analysis, IFRS / USGAAP accounting concepts, actuarial concepts, market consistent framework and local solvency regimes in Asia
- Connect strategy with numbers
- Experience in tailoring management information for senior management, i.e. simplifying complex accounting / finance concepts
- Professional qualifications in Accounting (CPA/ ACCA) is a plus
- Actuarial qualification is a plus
Skills / Abilities
- Well versed with MS excel and powerpoint
- Experience with financial consolidation tool
- Strong business writing skills
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- With a strong sense of responsibility and ability to meet tight deadline with high accuracy
- Display strong skills in coordination and project management
- Ability to present financial information in layman’s way
- Cantonese and Mandarin are a plus
Soft / Transferable Competencies Required
- Proactive, self-motivated, detail-oriented, well-organized, ability to work independently and able to work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Traveling might be required
Ability to drive our Aegon Leadership Commitments:
1. Drive Purpose and Customer Centricity
2. Demonstrate Accountability
3. Deploy Agility
4. Demonstrate Acting as One
5. Define Transformational and Sustainable Strategy
6. Develop Self and Others
Interested candidates are invited to submit the application with detailed resume stating educational background, working experience, email and phone contact number to HR.AEGONAsia@aegon.com
Aegon Asia is part of the Aegon Group – a life insurance, pension and asset management company headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands with a presence in more than 25 markets in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Aegon N.V. is listed on the Amsterdam and New York stock exchanges. Aegon companies employ over 29,000 employees and have millions of customers across the globe.
Asia is among the world's fastest developing regions and presents significant growth opportunities for Aegon. With the Regional Office headquartered in Hong Kong, Aegon's regional division oversees and supports operations in eight countries across Asia Pacific. A recently created regional digital team based in Singapore drives digital innovations in the region. Aegon operates through three major joint ventures in China, India, and Japan, in addition to the pan-Asian operations of Transamerica Life Bermuda and Aegon Insights.
Transamerica Life Bermuda (TLB)
Founded in 1906, Transamerica is one of the world's leading financial services companies with over 100 years of history. Transamerica Life (Bermuda) Ltd. (Transamerica Life Bermuda) was established in 2005 and its full-service branches opened in Hong Kong and Singapore in 2006.
Transamerica Life Bermuda is a leading High Net Worth insurance provider, dedicated to offering life protection to High Net Worth individuals, families and businesses across Asia and beyond. With over 80 years of heritage in Asia, we offer innovative insurance solutions that help customers protect their wealth legacies and preserve their hard-earned assets for generations to come. Our aim is to deliver exceptional service and powerful solutions that protect and perform at the highest possible level. Transamerica Life Bermuda is of the Aegon Group.
Transamerica Life Bermuda LinkedIn
Aegon Insights is the Asia Pacific-based insurance marketing and consulting arm of Aegon, one of the world's leading financial services organizations, providing life insurance, pensions and asset management. Aegon Insights has operations in Australia, China, Indonesia, Japan and Thailand, with its regional office in Hong Kong.
With expertise in customer journey design and distribution of protection products, Aegon Insights provides solutions for its business partners and their customers; from customer analytics insights with actionable models, integrated distribution platform solutions, innovative product design, marketing campaign and omni-channel distribution design; through to assistance with policy administration and claims management.
Aegon Insights LinkedIn
Aegon Asset Management Asia
From our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, Aegon Asset Management Asia offers investment management solutions and services from across our centres of expertise in North America, the UK, Continental Europe and Asia.
Aegon Asset Management's specialist teams provide high-quality investment solutions across asset classes, including fixed income, multi-asset, real estate, equities, absolute return, multi-manager, liability-driven, and ethical investing.
The Aegon Asset Management group is the global investment management company of Aegon and operates multiple brands.