FunctionWant to work as an Actuary in an inspiring and agile environment where you are able to learn within Reinsurance? Are you interested in becoming part of a dynamic team that is looking to innovate and improve? Aegon should be your next employer!
Blue Square Re (BSR) is Aegon's life and non-life reinsurer. In addition, we manage, administer and cover elements of Aegon's non-life and health portfolios. This is a new role and therefore we are recruiting a candidate who is a self-starter.
The position will report to an inspiring and innovative Head of Valuation & Capital Management. The international team consists of 5 actuarial specialists. Your will be able to learn and develop yourself within (re)insurance as broadly as possible.
The actuary is largely responsible for the development of the valuation models. Next to this the actuary is responsible for meeting financial, actuarial, risk, and capital reporting requirements in a timely manner while ensuring accuracy and completeness of the deliverables, whether quantitative or qualitative.
Given the broad responsibilities of the Valuation & Capital Management department, this position provides the opportunity to invest in your personal growth and development. Through your development plan, you can focus on improving yourself on a broad variety of activities and on a personal level.
Being closer to the in-force block of BSR, this position should also assimilate the knowledge and information of the in-force balance sheet and capital position and use it to support the Head of Valuation & Capital in the assessment of business development initiatives as well as in the execution of risk and capital strategies with the end goal of optimizing the balance sheet of BSR and/or Aegon Group.
RequirementsYou are ready for a next challenge as Actuary within a reinsurance organization. You have experience as quantitative specialist within a consultancy or financial institution, specifically within an insurer. You are eager to learn and you have an open personality.
In addition, you have the following qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in Actuarial Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or related quantitative field.
- 3-6 years of work experience in the job offered or related field of actuarial (e.g. product development, valuation, capital, risk, ALM);
- Experience with actuarial valuation software (Moses/RAFM);
- Fluent in English (both written and oral).
- Social Skills
- Ability to interact and communicate with others at all levels within the organization
- Results driven
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude.
- Act as a role model
- Having an overview of a situation without going into too much detail
- Adjusting one’s behavior to new information or changing circumstances.
- Prioritizing and planning time and resources
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holidays;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager email@example.com or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97 or Marco van der Lans, Head of Valuation & Capital Management firstname.lastname@example.org