Currently, we are looking for a Junior Quantitative Derivatives and Hedging (D&H) Specialist. Are you ready for the next step in your career? Then join us at Aegon Asset Management!
The Junior Quantitavive D&H Specialist will be working within the Derivatives & Hedging NL team, which is responsible for the development and portfolio management of hedging programs and the central execution of rates and equity OTC derivatives within Aegon Asset Management. You will be engaged in structuring, research and model development and model maintenance for rates, equity and commodity derivatives strategies. Next to that, you’ll be responsible for:
- Understanding the needs of the client and work with them and the team to prioritize and offer solutions to meet these needs;
- Consulting on linking up of liability model process and assumptions with hedge strategy;
- Together with portfolio manager defining and proposing hedge strategies for existing and new mandates;
- The development of derivatives IFRS valuation, portfolio management, risk and regulatory reporting models;
- The documentation of existing and new models;
- Identifying the scenarios for testing and acceptance of new models.
Aegon Asset Management is a global, active investment manager. Aegon Asset Management uses its investment management expertise to help its clients take responsibility for their financial futures, with a focus on excellence, trust and partnership. Institutional and private investors entrust Aegon Asset Management to manage approximately €302 billion worldwide.
Positioned for success in its chosen markets (the UK, Continental Europe, North America and Asia), Aegon Asset Management’s specialist teams provide high-quality investment solutions across asset classes. Its clients benefit from the extensive international research capabilities and in-depth local knowledge of Aegon Asset Management, as well as Kames Capital, its UK investment team, and TKP Investments, its fiduciary management investment team in the Netherlands.
Aegon Asset Management is part of Aegon, one of the world’s leading financial services organizations, providing life insurance, pensions and asset management.
Technical Development Program
This function is part of the Technical Development Program (TDP), a structured, six-year initiative geared to helping high-potential candidates become Aegon’s future leaders. The TDP involves taking on a new role within the organization for three periods of two years to enable you to build up a wide range of skills and experience across the Aegon network. The businesses participating in the program are Aegon Netherlands, Aegon Asset Management, Aegon Group and Aegon Bank.
The TDP program offers a wide range of trainings and mentoring to support participants to develop professionally. Key features are: -
- Accreditation courses, for example Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Financial Risk Management (FRM)
- Training programs with an emphasize on communication and project management skills
- International assignments
- Individual guidance by TDP coordinators
We are looking for a motivated colleague who has a strong drive and sense of responsibility. You’ll have a degree in Quantitative Finance, Econometrics or Mathematics or comparable and experience with Excel, VBA and Python. Also, you have affinity with and a basic understanding of interest rates and equity derivatives (pricing and greeks). Knowledge of stochastic models such as Heston, SABR and LMM is a bonus. The job requires an accurate, structured, well organized way of working, together with an excellent analytical insight and an eye for detail. Good communication skills, a pro-active working attitude and being a team-player are a must.
CompensationWhat we offer?
We offer you a fascinating role, structured to allow you to work independently and professionally as part of an ambitious and dynamic organization. Your personal and professional growth is important to us and this is why we invest so much time and resources to support you in this journey. In exchange for your commitment, we offer you an extensive remuneration package that consists of excellent primary and secondary benefits.
- A competitive gross monthly salary on the basis of a 40-hour working week;
- On top of that, you receive a monthly fixed 13th month and holiday allowance in the form of a flex budget (16.7% of your monthly salary);
- Good work/life balance including a minimum of 27 vacation days;
- The opportunity and space to follow academic programs and training courses;
- An appropriate travel allowance;
- An excellent pension scheme and discounts on Aegon products.
Does this opportunity appeal to you? If yes, send us your CV, motivation and Exam Score Report (preferably bachelor and master) via the application form on this website. You can upload your report together with your motivational letter as one document. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application process, please contact Monica Ceulen, Talent Acquisition Manager, via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31682528238.