FunctionAbout Aegon Asset Management
Aegon Asset Management (AAM) is part of Aegon Group, one of the world's leading financial services organizations, providing life insurance, pensions and asset management. Aegon Asset Management is a global, active investment manager. We use our investment management expertise to help people achieve a lifetime of financial security, with a focus on excellence, trust and partnership. Investors worldwide entrust Aegon Asset Management to manage approximately €343 billion on their behalf. Currently, we are looking for a Portfolio Manager Alternative Fixed income. Are you ready for the next step in your career? Then join us at Aegon Asset Management in the Netherlands!
As a Portfolio Manager Alternative Fixed income actively engage in portfolio building and portfolio management in the field of Alternative Fixed Income and Private Fixed Income. You help develop and manage new investment funds for internal and external clients and give presentations and assist in other sales activities to internal and external clients.
As a Portfolio Manager Alternative Fixed income you develop relations with investment banks, and other market players to gain a deep understanding of the relevant investment universes of the funds managed by the team. You will become an expert in financial markets in general and help negotiate term sheets, where applicable.
As a Portfolio Manager Alternative Fixed income you help developing and managing new investment funds, with focus on Alternative and Private Fixed Income. You also assist in winning client mandates: give presentations to clients and at conferences. And assist in other sales activities of the funds. Last but not least, you accompany account managers on client visits.
About the department
- The team focusses on delivering attractive risk-adjusted returns to our clients, by investing in less traditional or less liquid assets within the Fixed Income universe.
- The team covers a broad spectrum of investment opportunities: Consumer Risk (ABS, direct consumer loans, mortgage loans), Corporate Risk (Private Placements, SME loans, CLOs) and alternative Government Risk (ECAs, WSW, etc).
- The team now manages about Eur25bln in assets across several funds, predominantly for external clients such as pension funds, insurance companies, banks and wholesalers.
RequirementsAs a Portfolio Manager Alternative Fixed income you have good quantitative skills and a high level of drive and you’re achievement oriented. You are also able to develop good client relationships.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Master’s or PhD degree, preferably in Financial Economics, Econometrics or Mathematics.
- Preferably some experience in alternative and/or private fixed income markets
- Be willing to travel on a regular basis
- Be pro-active, decisive, and a team player.
- Dutch is requirend for this role.
CompensationWhat we offer
Aegon Asset Management aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
- A competitive salary based on a 40 hour working week.
- A good work/life balance including a minimum of 25 vacation days.
- A commuting allowance.
- An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products.
Are you interested in joining our team in The Hague? We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter. We suggest to upload your resume and motivational letter as an attachment on the second page of our application form.
For more information about the role, you can contact Anne van Busselen, Talent Acquisition Manager at +31 (0)6 23792726 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact Frank Meijer at +31 (70) 3447846