Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to be part of a team that actively manages a portfolio of Alternative Fixed Income? Would you like to be responsible for our Dutch SME Loan Fund and Private Placements? Aegon should be your next employer!
Aegon Asset Management is a global, active investment manager. Investors worldwide entrust our organization to manage approximately €345 billion on their behalf. Aegon Asset Management has operations throughout the UK, Continental Europe, North America and Asia.
The Alternative Fixed Income team focusses on delivering attractive risk-adjusted returns, by investing in less traditional or less liquid assets within the Fixed Income universe. The team covers a broad spectrum of investment opportunities: Corporate Risk (SME loans, Private Placements, CLOs), Consumer Risk (ABS, direct consumer loans, mortgage loans), and alternative Government Risk (ECAs, WSW, etc).
The team manages about €30bln in assets, predominantly for external clients, such as pension funds, insurance companies, banks and wholesalers.
We are looking to extent the team by a Senior Investment Manager who will be responsible for our subordinated Dutch SME Loan Fund, and European Private Placements, if desired. Activities include originating investment opportunities from banks, corporate finance advisors, private equity firms etc.; extensive credit analysis of investment opportunities; portfolio management of investments made, including possible restructuring activities; and give presentations to (potential) clients in the funds.
Reporting into the European Head of Alternative Fixed Income, the responsibilities of this role will entail:
- In-depth credit analysis of SME and small mid-cap companies, with focus on Dutch companies. If preferred, also focus on European Private Placements.
- Negotiation of financing structures with counterparties
- Negotiation of loan documentation with counterparties
- Management of the loan portfolio, including periodic review and turn around management in case of a delinquent loan
- Building excellent relations with sourcing parties such as banks, private equity firms and corporate finance advisors with the aim to source good investment opportunities for the subordinated SME loan fund.
- Commercial activities, including giving pitches to potential investors in the fund
As Senior Investment Manager, you are a dedicated team player with a hands on mentality and result oriented. You have very strong communication skills with ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical stakeholders. You also have proven influencing and relationship management skills and you are able to challenge conventional practices and pursue continuous improvement. You have in-depth knowledge of SME lending, and/or corporate Private Placements. You are analytical, optimistic and you like work within a dynamic environment.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in (Quantitative) Finance, Economics or Econometrics.
- 7+ years’ experience in in the field of SME/corporate lending, corporate finance or private equity – preferably with relevant experience through a credit cycle.
- Preferably experience in debt restructuring / distress loan management
- A high level of drive and be achievement oriented, with a “deal maker” mentality.
- Excellent people skills, in order to build strong relationships with sourcing parties, and with SME / small mid cap / midcap companies.
- Excellent analytical skills, and ability to negotiate financing structures and loan documentation.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills and able to give pitches to potential investors.
- Native in Dutch, since most SME loan documentation and corporate information is in Dutch, and fluent in English.
- You are DSI certified or willing to register with the DSI and meet the compulsory Guidelines of the European Securities Markets Authority (ESMA) on knowledge, skills and expertise.
- The ideal candidate will be focused on excellence and delivery, resilient and able to work with many and varied deliverables.
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organisation. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holiday days;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager Dave.Heilbron@aegon.nl or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97.