FunctionAre you the Investment Strategist who would like to optimize the investments on the balance sheet of Aegon NL? Do you want to have a high impact role that stretches both your analytical as well as communicate skills in the field of investment management? Join the CIO Office at Aegon Netherlands and shape this role into a success!
The newly set up CIO office is amongst others responsible for setting the investment strategies for the internal balance sheets and driving the execution either direct or through asset managers.
Within Investment Management we have grouped different investment strategies into key areas. For each focus area we would like to have one person that takes full responsibility for the selected asset category.
For the Investment Strategist, the focus area is defined as all public government debt and credit investments. This can be government bonds, IG credit, EMD and HY. We are looking to add a Sr Investment Strategist who will take ownership of the full scope of these investments and will drive the overall investment strategy for our balance sheets, based on the inputs from the other focus areas.
Doing business responsibly is at the heart of our company. Through our investments in private credit we believe we can have a substantial positive impact on society. You will be instrumental in shaping our strategy and impact going forward together with our partners.
- Monitor developments for existing and emerging investment strategies in public markets
- Create an ongoing house view with regards to relative value within public markets and between public and private markets
- Design an investment strategy for investments in public markets, which will be part of the integral investment plan (which you should prepare) for the internal balance sheets of AEGON NL
- Takes ownership of internal approval process and onboarding in the operations and processes of selected managers
- Ongoing monitoring of the selected managers
- Delivers relevant input for setting of economic risk parameters and regulatory capital requirements for selected strategies
- Relevant academic background, master’s degree preferred
- Extensive knowledge and experience in setting an investment strategy, preferably within an asset management environment (> 7 years)
- Proven track in the implementation of different investment strategies and realizing exceptional returns
- Good understanding of requirements with regards to prudent person principle for investments
- Good understanding of Tax / Finance / Legal implications of investing in public markets
- Familiar with capital requirements (Solvency II and CRD IV) in Insurance and Banking for the investment universe
- Familiar with ALM / stress testing / (stochastic) scenario analysis
- Strong verbal and presentation skills Dutch and English
Aegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
- A competitive monthly salary
- As extra you receive a 13th Month and a holiday allowance as a flexbudget of 16.7% of your monthly salary.
- A good work/life balance including a minimum of 27 vacation days.
- A commuting allowance.
- An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products.