FunctionAre you interested in working for a high-tech innovative Bank as a quantitative professional? Are you someone who likes to develop financial and mathematical models? Do you like to maintain relationships between model users, model owners and risk management? Why not work for Aegon and Knab Bank.
As a Junior Model Developer you will be responsible for developing various complex financial models to assist Aegon in fulfilling its commitment of a lifetime of financial security for our customers and other stakeholders. You will be working in a dynamic organization where innovation is a key requirement.
Together with the rest of the Financial Modelling team, you will be responsible for weighing up and prioritizing the needs of various stakeholders. You will report to an inspiring manager who will give you the opportunity to be creative and innovative. The scope of models ranges from Basel regulatory models, capital projection models, interest rate risk, liquidity risk and credit risk models. The function is very interesting for someone with a background in econometrics, mathematics, physics, quantitative economics and a strong interest in (cloud based) software engineering, methodology and data science.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing complex financial and mathematical models used for a range of purposes, such as capital management, Asset & Liability management, pricing, hedging, risk management and valuation;
- Technical ownership of a subset of financial models within Capital Management, Risk Management and Finance
- Interacting with model owners, the ICT-organisation and Model Validation
- Development of code, methodology and business intelligence for the models
- Writing of Technical Documentation of newly developed models and model changes
About the department
The team is part of Aegon Bank ALM & Modeling team. ALM & Modeling is responsible for the development of the Asset Liability Management (ALM) methodology and balance sheet management. In addition, the department is responsible for portfolio management and portfolio performance measurement.
Technical Development Program
This function is part of the Technical Development Program (TDP), a structured, six-year initiative geared to helping high-potential candidates become Aegon’s future leaders. The TDP involves taking on a new role within the organization for three periods of two years to enable you to build up a wide range of skills and experience across the Aegon network. The businesses participating in the program are Aegon Netherlands, Aegon Asset Management, Aegon Group and Aegon Bank.
The TDP program offers a wide range of trainings and mentoring to support participants to develop professionally. Key features are: -
- Accreditation courses, for example Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Financial Risk Management (FRM)
- Training programs with an emphasize on communication and project management skills
- International assignments
- Individual guidance by TDP coordinators
RequirementsYou enjoy being challenged with complex issues and models. You have a track-record of structuring and keeping an overview over a complex domain, and you are equally comfortable stimulating group cooperation and working independently. You are fluent in communicating in English.
In addition, you have the following qualifications:
- A university degree MSc (econometrics / mathematics/ physics/ quantitative economics) with above average results;
- Knowledge in modelling of financial instruments and risk management;
- A few of years’ experience is an asset, but we are definitely interested in talented starters to apply (0-3 years);
- Programming and data science capabilities (e.g. R, VBA, SQL);
- CFA/FRM designation or committed to start one of these programs;
- Excellent writing and communication skills and relationship management skills.
- a competitive monthly salary, minimum of €2900;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holidays;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.