FunctionAs Regulatory Officer you are part of Aegon Bank’s Regulatory Office. Regulatory Office is responsible for the identification and first assessment of new regulations which impact Aegon Bank. Therefore, Regulatory Office has a major role in the timely and adequate implementation of new regulatory requirements. Regulatory Office prepares ample input for the Regulatory Watchtower Committee which is an advising body of Aegon Bank’s Management Board. This committee provides advice to the Management Board about the impact, prioritization and initiation of upcoming legislation. Additionally, Regulatory Office plays an important role in monitoring regulatory implementations and evaluating the accuracy of these regulatory implementations. Lastly, Regulatory Office acts as the regulatory centre of excellence by continuously optimizing the regulatory process and assessing new RegTech solutions. You report to Aegon Bank’s General Counsel and you have these responsibilities:
• Collect, filter and select relevant upcoming regulations with the help of tools and databases
• Analyse regulatory developments and produce high level impact analyses
• Create a forward looking regulatory overview
• Maintain and monitor a database and implementation tracking tool with all identified regulatory topics and follow-up actions
• Monitor regulatory implementations from a regulatory risk perspective
• Prepare evaluation reports on the adequacy of regulatory implementations
• Prepare reports for the Regulatory Watchtower Committee and Non-Financial Risk Committee
• Implement regulatory process improvements
• Various ad hoc assignments that are related to Aegon Bank’s policy and governance framework
RequirementsAs Regulatory Officer you have an energetic and positive personality and you are a team player. Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor or Master degree in Financial Law, Law & Economics or Law
• 3-5 years relevant work experience
• Knowledge of banking legislation is preferred
• Knowledge of digital transformation, RegTech, and process management is advantageous
• Analytical skills, accurate and disciplined
• The ability to initiate and complete work assignments effectively and in a timely manner
• Excellent command of Dutch and English language both written and verbally
- A competitive salary.
- As extra you receive a 13th Month and a holiday allowance as a flexbudget of 16.7% of your monthly salary.
- A good work/life balance including a minimum of 27 vacation days.
- A commuting allowance.
- An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products.