Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to be responsible for our global internal communications strategy? Aegon should be your next employer!
As Global Internal Communications Manager you will have the opportunity to shape our communications approach and develop our employee experience strategy in a fast-moving, international environment.
The role will see you working on a global scale; crafting communications for an audience based in Europe, North America and Asia.
This position will give you the opportunity to partner with key members of the business to support our culture through effective communication and a strong employee voice. Our ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and will really care about making our organization a great place to work.
The Internal Communications Manager is a trusted advisor to senior management, works with multiple stakeholders and takes responsibility for communication initiatives from the strategic plan to ensuring timely and effective tactical delivery. You will be part of an international team that is managed by a creative head of Internal Communications & Group Content. You will work within an inspiring environment where there is a clear vision on communication. You will have the opportunity to experiment withdifferent strategic approaches and new ways of working.
- Develop strategic communication plans to drive engagement and cultural transformation. Contribute to further development of a conversational approach.
- Develop global campaigns around Aegon’s purpose, strategy and culture or for specific corporate programs and events (e.g. financial results). Run the campaign from strategy and concept development to ensuring timely and effective tactical delivery and impact measurement.
- Develop a global mind-set to foster inclusion and support the integration of our offices worldwide, adapting existing channels for a global audience.
- Work closely together with Content Managers and with other teams within the department (e.g. Media Relations and Brand Experience) and outside the department (e.g. Corporate Strategy and Investor Relations) to create focused and effective key messages.
- You are able to build powerful relationships with senior management and you support them as a Business Partner in their positioning and communication.
- Ensure effective and timely tactical delivery of internal communications initiatives and manage the cascading process to internal stakeholders.
- Develop measurements and benchmarking of internal communications activities to monitor performance.
- Build strong working relationship (strategic and advisory) with key internal stakeholders, including other teams of Group Corporate Communications, HR and international communications colleagues in business units.
- Be up-to-date at all times with best internal communications practices and new trends. Contribute to new (agile) ways of working.
We’re looking for a strategic, forward-thinking and experienced communications professional who has significant international internal communication experience You have a proven track recordin internal and change communication. You combine strategic thinking with a pragmatic can do mentality. You have strong influencing skills and are able to cultivate and maintain good working relationships. Also able to provide critical feedback and handle sensitive issues when needed. Has the gravitas and experience to give credible advice and inspire confidence.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- You have a Master’s degree within business, communication, marketing, journalism or related field.
- At least 7-10 years of Corporate Communications work experience within a financial institution or financial consultancy.
- Experience in a cross-border internal communications role, successfully managing multiple complex projects at a global level with proven results
- Proficiency at building networks across complex organizations
- Must be fluent in English (native or near native)
- You are a positive and pro-active team player, analytical and results driven.
- Excellent ability to organize and strong attention to detail.
- Energy, commitment and ability to maintain a sense of humor and perspective under pressure and changing priorities. Able to balance a varied workload.
- Self-starter; personally motivated, resourceful, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, global, virtual work environment.
- Highly organized, thorough and detail-oriented.
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organization. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holiday days;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager Dave.Heilbron@aegon.com or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97 or Marielle Harsveldt within Aegon Corporate email@example.com