FunctionWant to work in an inspiring and agile environment where you are able to be Head of Finance within Reinsurance? Aegon should be your next employer!
Blue Square Re is Aegon's life and non-life reinsurer. In addition, we manage, administer and cover elements of Aegon's non-life and health portfolios. Due to the promotion of the current Head of Finance, we are recruiting a new candidate for this position.
The Head of Finance is part of the Blue Square Re leadership team consisting of Finance, Operations, Valuation & Capital, Business Development and the Management board – working closely with all these functions. The position will report to the CFO. Being part of the leadership team entails that you will participate in the Management and Supervisory Board, Regulatory and Agency meetings.
This position is primarily responsible for supporting Blue Square Re in all financial and accounting matters including regulatory reporting. As such, the position serves as the link to Group Finance and the Aegon Business Units Finance departments and is expected to interact with the auditor and regulator as needed. The position will deal with both life and non-life, though the focus will be on life risks.
The position is expected to be involved with individual transactions and to interact with Units and Corporate Center in the reporting and budgeting cycles. You will be managing a direct report.
Other key responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing and developing financial & accounting management reports.
- Responsible for Blue Square Re accounting, IFRS, Solvency II and capital reporting. This includes internal management reporting, statutory financial statements, and DNB reporting.
- Responsible for coordination of the Budget/Mid Term Planning process including reconciliation of all transactions with internal counterparts and Aegon’s Corporate Center.
- Responsible for the control environment of BSR for SOX and SII purposes.
- Responsible for ensuring that transactions are properly reflected in financial administration and reporting.
- Responsible for the implementation of IFRS 17.
- Contribute to projects and one-off tasks as needed
RequirementsYou are ready for a next challenge to become a future Finance Manager. You have experience as accountant, controller or reporting specialist within the Big 4 and/or a financial institution.
In addition, you have the following qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting. Chartered Accountant or Controller is an advantage;
- At least 6to 8 years of relevant work experience in the insurance industry or big 4 financial services;
- Experience in working in an international, multinational environment;
- Strong experience with IFRS and regulatory reporting is required;
- Fluency in English (both written and oral).
- Social Skills
- Ability to interact and communicate with others at all levels within the organization
- Results driven
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude.
- Act as a role model
- Helicopter View
- Having an overview of a situation without going into too much detail
- Adjusting one’s behavior to new information or changing circumstances.
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holidays;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.