As a Risk Analyst at Holdings Treasury Tax Control you measure, monitor and report the treasury related risks (liquidity, market-, credit- and operational risk). You like to develop and maintain models for the valuation of the financial instruments of the holding balance sheet and required capital.
Together with your team you are responsible for the risk measurement, monitoring and reporting of risks (Liquidity, Credit, Market and Operational risk) related to the Treasury activities of Holdings (not consolidated level).
For the valuation of the financial instruments for the market consistent reporting process (IFRS, MVN and Solvency II). You develop and maintain reporting guidelines and Business Process Documentation for SOX and Aegon’s Internal Control Framework
You are responsible for data quality and data integrity for all valuation models in line with the overall Aegon’s risk framework and you provide expertise to complex projects within Group Treasury, Finance and Group Risk (including analysing financial risks in asset and product portfolios)
About the department
The department Holding, Treasury & Tax Control (HT&TC) is part of Group Finance. The primary objective of Group Finance is to provide the Executive Board, Management Board and Supervisory Board with meaningful (non-) financial information (e.g. capital, income, balance sheet, sales etc) to support the board’s decision making process and reporting of external disclosures like quarterly press releases and the annual report.
The department Treasury Risk management is responsible for maintaining and enhancing all control and reporting aspects for the different reporting metrics (IFRS, MVN, Solvency II, Capital Reporting, Group Risk)
You have an analytical and structured working method, the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines without compromising on quality. You are an accurate and detail oriented worker and a team worker with good communication skills
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
• University degree in Econometrics or a study with quantitative qualifications
• Affinity with quantitative risk management and model development
• Experience with economic required capital calculations and valuation of complex financial instruments
• Proficient in English, both in writing and verbally
• Strong programming skills, preferably experience with VBA in Excel/Access and R
CompensationWhat we offer
This position is part of the Technical Development Program. This is a job rotation program. Every two years you will switch to another business unit in The Hague: Aegon the Netherlands, Aegon Asset Management, Aegon Group and Aegon Bank. These rotations (3 times max.) facilitate your development as a broad professional. Besides these rotations we offer you our full support to boost your development:
- A competitive salary based on a 40 hour working week
- A good work/life balance, including a minimum of 25 vacation days
- A commuting allowance
- An excellent pension plan and discount on Aegon products
- extended training program (communication, project management and leadership skills)
- possibility of international assignments
- individual coaching by program coordinators
- possibility to obtain professional accreditation such as CFA The program is an excellent opportunity to build a broad network with your peers and to interact with senior management. All of this will prepare you for a leadership role within Aegon.
Are you interested in joining our Group Finance department in The Hague? We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter. An online assessment will be part of the process. For more information about the application process, you can contact Suzanne van Calsteren, Talent Acquisition Manager at email@example.com