FunctionAt Aegon we want to help people to achieve a lifetime of financial security. To achieve this Aegon is transforming into a digital data-driven customer company. To get Aegon “future fit” we are searching for a Data Lake lead developer.
Why do we need a data lake lead developer?
The Aegon NL Business Information Services (BIS) department provides the IT solutions to drive the Aegon strategy. We are implementing new technologies to implement our vision: “By providing fit for purpose information, we empower information consumers”. These information consumers are our consumers, business clients, intermediaries, regulators and also internal employees.
Within BIS the data lake DevOPS team is responsible for ingestion of data and publications of information. This team collects all relevant data into a data lake, publishes information for consumption in web and mobile apps through API’s and provide real-time data for prescriptive analytics. All this is based on cloud (AWS) technology using serverless architecture and CI/CD wherever possible.
The data lake DevOPS team needs a lead developer who is able to sustain the existing solution architecture and bring the data lake platform to a higher maturity level.
We search for candidates who are able to create a difference in a complex IT environment by providing innovative ideas and using new technology. The lead developer reports to the product owner data lake and to the responsible software architect.
- Translate the solution architecture into working code. This includes near real-time data ingestion into a data lake, publish data to consumable information by micro services and BI and analytics.
- Designs pieces of the solution architecture (patterns, scenarios) end-to-end (including services, process, data and infra) whenever necessary
- Stimulates innovation combined with simple and lean solutions
- Mentor developers on keeping the design and solution in line with the architecture
- Present solution to product owner, product manager, enterprise architect and other (business) stakeholders.
- Master degree in computer science
- Skills of a data craftsman, can motivate the team and is good in thinking out-of-the-box and persuasiveness
- Broad experience working in Agile/SCRUM environments and is a believer in the Agile manifesto
- Broad experience as lead developer in a complex enterprise environment for data integration, system development and application integration
- Experience with AWS, such as CloudFormation, RDS Aurora, S3, Dynamo DB, Lambda, Glue
- Experience in dealing with security, encryption and process monitoring in a cloud environment preferably AWS
- Experience in setting up development projects using Continuous Integration and Delivery, with automated build, deployment and test processes
- Good communication and presentation skills, in writing, talking and presenting in English. (Dutch is a big plus and willing to learn)
CompensationAegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
•A competitive monthly salary
•Next to that a monthly flexbudget of 16.7% of your monthly salary.
•A good work/life balance including a minimum of 27 vacation days.
•A commuting allowance.
•An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products.