FunctionAt Aegon we want to help people to achieve a lifetime of financial security. To achieve this Aegon is transforming into a digital data-driven customer company. To get Aegon “future fit” we are searching for a Lead Developer BI & Data Science.
Why do we need a lead developer?
The Aegon NL Business Information Services (BIS) department provides the IT solutions to drive the Aegon strategy. We are implementing new technologies to implement our vision: “By providing fit for purpose information, we empower information consumers”. These information consumers are our consumers, business clients, intermediaries, regulators and also internal employees.
Within BIS, the BI & Data Science DevOPS team is responsible for developing and maintaining:
- Data Science lab: an environment to explore and analyse data and develop (machine learning) models, mainly in R and Python
- Information portal: PowerBI environment to share departmental and enterprise reports
- Model Factory: the environment in which we can run our (ML) models at scale
- Publication pipelines: the templates to retrieve data from the data lake, to be used in one of the above environments
The BI & Data Science DevOPS team needs a lead developer who is able to sustain the existing solution architecture and bring the platform to a higher maturity level.
We search for candidates who are able to create a difference in a complex IT environment by providing innovative ideas and using new technology. The lead developer reports to the product owner BI and Data Science and to the responsible software architect.
- Translate the solution architecture into working code. This includes reading historical data from the data lake, process the data into publications sets and use the publication for analytics, reporting and running various models
- Designs pieces of the solution architecture (patterns, scenarios) end-to-end (including services, process, data and infra) whenever necessary
- Stimulates innovation combined with simple and lean solutions
- Mentor developers on keeping the design and solution in line with the architecture
- Present solution to product owner, product manager, enterprise architect and other (business) stakeholders.
- Master degree in computer science
- Skills of a data craftsman, can motivate the team and is good in thinking out-of-the-box and persuasiveness
- Broad experience working in Agile/SCRUM environments and is a believer in the Agile manifesto
- Experience as lead developer in a complex enterprise environment for data integration, system development
- Experience with AWS, such as CloudFormation, RDS Aurora, S3, Lambda, Glue, Redshift, Redshift Spectrum, EMR
- Experience in dealing with security, encryption and process monitoring in a cloud environment preferably AWS
- Experience in setting up development projects using Continuous Integration and Delivery, with automated build, deployment and test processes
- Experience in ETL, data warehousing and BI
- Good communication and presentation skills, in writing, talking and presenting in English. (Dutch is a big plus, willing to learn dutch)
CompensationAegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
- A competitive monthly salary
- Next tot that a monthly flexbudget of 16.7% of your monthly salary.
- A good work/life balance including a minimum of 27 vacation days.
- A commuting allowance.
- An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products.