Thanks to your vision and expertise we will implement new technologies that empower our customers by giving them the information they need.
The job in a nutshell
Aegon is moving towards a way of working in which departments and teams have the freedom to imagine and develop new, customer-focused solutions from the bottom-up. You can help us to fulfill this vision by acting as an expert and hands-on coder and coach who embodies this new and entrepreneurial approach.
From day one you will be shaping the future of our company as you work closely with the Product Owners of several IT solutions and the responsible software architect as we pursue our vision: “By providing fit for purpose information, we empower informed customers”. These informed customers are our clients, business clients, intermediaries, regulators and also internal employees.
Although you will build code yourself, your core task is to define the overall project objectives, road map, and methods. In doing so you inspire and guide others towards a clear goal, displaying the credibility and determination to stand your ground in your area of technology expertise.
This is your future position, because you:
- have a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar study;
- are energized by the prospect of coaching and motivating an expert team that is equipped to make the most of the latest technological developments.
- have gained experience in a complex Agile/Scrum enterprise environment for data integration and system development and acquired knowledge of software applications and processes including:
o AWS, such as RDS Aurora, S3, Lambda, Glue, Redshift, Redshift Spectrum, EMR;
o Experience in dealing with security, encryption and process monitoring in a cloud environment, preferably AWS;
o Experience in ETL, data warehousing and BI.
o Coding experience with Appian and/or Airflow is a plus.
- are looking for a truly innovative and fast-moving arena in which you can apply your energy and team-working skills to make a real and immediate difference. In the longer term, you have the ambition to bring the radical thinking that will help Aegon reshape the possibilities of finance-related customer solutions.
- have good communication and presentation skills, in writing, talking and presenting in English (Dutch is a big plus, or a willingness to learn).
Who will be your new colleagues?
The BIS department is eager to welcome you to their team. Together you’ll make sure that our ambition to develop and deliver customer-focused solutions that will help our customers secure their financial future.
Pim van de Pavoordt is one of your colleagues. You will be working together with him on several defining projects within BIS, setting the roadmap and ensuring the use of appropriate methods.
What we offer?
- You will be earning between € 4.148 and € 6.874 based on 38 hours a week.
- You will also receive a thirteenth month and a holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flex budget, amounting to 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- Plenty of scope and budget for your personal development;
- A minimum of 27 holiday days;
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses;
- Discount on Aegon life insurance products;
- An excellent pension scheme.
Are you that person who can build the new products that will define our company as a leader in the field of customer-focused financial technology? Then make sure you apply immediately! Do you have some questions? Call Max Krajenbrink, Talent Acquisition Manager at +31 (0)6 4856 4163 or send an email to email@example.com. An online assessment will be part of the process. You can find more information about our application process on our website.