FunctionThe Aegon NL Business Information Services (BIS) department provides the IT solutions to drive the Aegon strategy. Within BIS four IT departments exist: Retail, Wholesale, Digital Solution and Finance & Bank. For BIS Finance we are looking for a Lead Developer who can strengthen our ranks.
We are implementing new technologies to implement our vision: “By providing fit for purpose information, we empower informed consumers”. These informed consumers are our consumers, business clients, intermediaries, regulators and also internal employees.
Within BIS Finance, the BIS Platform Maintenance team is responsible for developing and maintaining:
- Self-made application based on Appian, Airflow and cloud technology;
- Closed Model Run Environments based on cloud technology (AWS);
- Automated Data transformation and publication pipelines, again in the cloud (AWS);
- Ensuring smooth data flows from our Data Lake towards Closed Model Run Environments through automated data pipelines with build in data transformations (Glue / Python);
- Closed Model Run Environment in Azure (temporary);
- Dashboards and data lineage ;
The BIS Platform Maintenance team needs a Lead Developer who is able to sustain the existing solution architecture and improve the solutions to a higher maturity level.
We search for a candidate that is able to create a difference in a complex IT environment by providing innovative ideas and using new technology. The Lead Developer works together with the Product Owners of several IT solutions and with the responsible software architect.
- Translate the solution architecture into working code and applications.
- Work along in a DevOps team with other Software developers developing and maintaining above described applications.
- Stimulates innovation combined with simple and lean solutions.
- Act as the lead for the Community of Practice.
- Mentor other developers on keeping the design and solution in line with the architecture.
- Present solutions to Product Owner, Product Manager, Enterprise Architect and other (business) stakeholders.
- HBO or Master degree in computer science or similar studies.
- Skills of a data craftsman, can motivate the team and is good in thinking out-of-the-box and persuasiveness.
- Broad experience working in Agile/SCRUM environments.
- Experience as Lead Developer in a complex enterprise environment for data integration, system development.
- Experience with AWS, such as RDS Aurora, S3, Lambda, Glue, Redshift, Redshift Spectrum, EMR.
- Experience in dealing with security, encryption and process monitoring in a cloud environment, preferably AWS.
- Coding Experience with Appian and/or Airflow is a plus.
- Experience in using Continuous Integration and -Delivery, with automated build, deployment and test processes.
- Experience in ETL, data warehousing and BI.
- Good communication and presentation skills, in writing, talking and presenting in English (Dutch is a big plus as well as willing to learn).
CompensationAegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
- A gross monthly salary of € 4.148 - € 6.874 based on 38 hours a week.
- As extra you receive a 13th Month and a holiday allowance as a flexbudget of 16.7% of your monthly salary.
- A good work/life balance including a minimum of 27 vacation days.
- A commuting allowance.
- An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products.