FunctionThe Finance Data team is part of BIS Finance/Bank. This is a newly organized IT department born from the reality that timely and accurate reporting are critical for the continued success of Aegon’s mission to help people achieve a lifetime of financial security.
As such, the Finance Data Team is responsible for the technical development, availability, management and maintenance of the publication sets. The driving goal – with the Data Engineer playing a key role – is to transform the Aegon Data Lake into the ‘single source of truth’ for all data used by Aegon’s financial and bank teams.
We are currently looking for a Data Engineer to be the guardian of the Data Lake that provides
Fit-for-purpose data sets used by Aegon’s Finance and Bank division. So, if you ready for the next step in your career, come and join our Finance Data team at Aegon Corporate Center in The Hague!
Ever-increasing availability of internal and external information opens up opportunities for new integral data solutions for self-service Business Information, automated analysis solutions and standardized reporting. But the data flow has to be reliable and clean.
Working closely with the Business Information analysts of the new Finance Data Team, the Data Engineer is responsible for the creation, development and management of the ‘data pipelines’ and ‘cloud environments’ required to facilitate the flow of clean data from multiple sources to and from the end-users at Finance and Bank (FN).
The successful candidate will also play an important role in evolution of the new Finance Data Team and CI/CD processes.
RequirementsThe ideal Data Engineer is innovative and result orientated. It is also vital to nurture the connection between the data-users of Finance Nederland and the latest technical innovations. Other key attributes required include:
- Applied sciences (Dutch HBO) or University (Dutch WO) level
- Demonstrable work experience with Business Information development
- Appreciation of data security and a pro-active mindset to mitigate the associated (financial) risks
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices (such as OTAP and CI / CD)
- Capacity and ambition to become an expert in:
- Databases, ETL concepts and data warehousingo AWS GLUE
- Cloud technology, mainly AWS (interfacing to Azure)
- Cloud native design
CompensationAegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
- A gross monthly salary of € 4418 - € 6874 based on 38 hours a week.
- As extra you receive a 13th Month and a holiday allowance as a flexbudget of 16.7% of your monthly salary
- A good work/life balance including a minimum of 27 vacation days.
- A commuting allowance.
- An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products.