FunctionBIS Finance/Bank is a new IT department charged with structuring and implementing the ongoing, next-level digital transformation of the financial data and models that are essential for the success now and in the far future of Aegon’s Finance and Bank business lines. This includes full IFRS17 implementation.
Currently, we are looking for a Model Run & Development specialist who will hit the ground running within the new BIS Finance/Bank IT department. So, if you ready for the next step in your career, come and join our Model Development & Run Team at Aegon Corporate Center in The Hague!
This is the perfect role for a pioneering numbers-and-processes aficionado who thrives on mastering new challenges and setting standards within a new structure.
Key tasks include technical and hands-on management of the financial models used by Finance Nederland, focused on R, Moses and Risk Agility FM. This also encompasses implementing software updates as a result of continued development of methodologies, products, financial policy and regulation; acting as guardian of model standards, developing new models – and working closely with multi-disciplinary project teams with the Finance domain. As a senior in the community that consists of 25 model developers, you are the go-to person for modelling advise, statistical analysis and troubleshooting. The stakeholders (actuaries, financials, risk managers, IT specialists) see you as somebody they will reach for advise on how to best implement a new model and incorporate new functionalities in the target application architecture.
RequirementsAs Model Development & Run specialist, you are innovative, result orientated and can work to tight deadlines. Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- MSc, preferably in Econometrics, Science, Statistics or Computer Science
- Affinity for Finance, Financial Risk, modeling and IT
- 5+ years of programming experience
- Familiarity with OTAP processes and CI/CD
- Familiarity with modern cloud services
- Thorough knowledge of R, SQL Server and Bi is a plus
CompensationAegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
- A gross monthly salary of € 4148 - € 6874 on 38 hours a week.
- As extra you receive a 13th Month and a holiday allowance as a flexbudget of 16.7% of your monthly salary.
- A good work/life balance including a minimum of 27 vacation days.
- A commuting allowance.
- An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products.