Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to get compliance experience within one of the leading international Asset Management organisations in the Netherlands? Aegon Asset Management should be your next employer!
Aegon Asset Management is a global, active investment manager. Investors worldwide entrust our organization to manage approximately €345 billion on their behalf. Aegon Asset Management has operations throughout the UK, Continental Europe, North America and Asia. A role to undertake day to day Compliance advisory responsibilities primarily for Aegon Asset Management on an international level. You are a professional business partner for the first line of defense and you are able to take decisions that contribute to AEGON's vision of compliance. You have expertise in monitoring compliance risks and can bring our monitoring framework to a more mature level. You are firm in your decision making when commercial interests play a role, but you also know when you have room for flexibility. You will be part of a small and dynamic team based in the Hague? in which you can further develop various aspects of monitoring such as Anti Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Sanctions regulation . You are not afraid of complex and various topics and you get energy from establishing and strengthening our compliance framework.
The team is managed by a leading investment expert. He will give you the responsibility and freedom to fulfill your role in the most professional way. You will work in an informal working environment in which you will liaise with global colleagues.
Critical responsibilities include:
- Build and enhance the compliance monitoring.
- Contribute to the monitoring of Financial Crime risk management (Bribery and Corruption, Internal, External and Third Party Fraud) and work closely together with the GDPR Compliance expert in further developing effective programs on data privacy.
- Provide defense advisory support to the existing Aegon Asset Management business where required
- Attend regular meetings with business
- Provide support and know-how to the relevant stakeholders on rules and regulations and effective management of those responsibilities.
- Work with peers in 2nd and 3rd lines of defense to ensure that proper oversight and challenge is occurring.
- Detect, follow, analyze, interpret and, as applicable, influence new financial crime laws and regulations as well as legal trends and case law, link these to the strategy and translate these into possible and/or necessary actions, enabling the organization to anticipate on, and be prepared for, changes in legislation.
- Responsible for ensuring that Aegon Asset Management manages the risks mentioned above and to ensure that programs are effective and compliant with law.
- Assist in the delivering of the face to face training to Aegon Asset Management staff.
As a Compliance Officer, you are a dedicated team player with a hands on mentality and result oriented. You are able to undertake complex compliance research and perform this research independently. Also, you are able to interpret results and provide alternatives for further consideration based on the research. You have the ambition to work for a financial institution. You understand the dynamics of external supervisors, shareholders and other important stakeholders.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- You have a Master’s or Bachelor degree in Law, Economics or Business.
- You have at least 2-5 years of experience within compliance management or have worked in an environment closely related to compliance.
- Working knowledge within Asset Management is advantageous.
- Must be proactive and approachable.
- Must be able to work under pressure, autonomously and multi task.
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English: providing information, listening, and most importantly, convincing.
- Must be able to correctly prioritize issues.
- Must be able to adapt to a changing regulatory and business landscape & communicate clearly and effectively.
- You are a positive and pro-active team player, analytical and results driven.
- You have experience in assessing and analyzing business performance, challenging business strategies, , ability to present and interpret the results of the assessment, ability to conduct complex compliance research autonomously.
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organisation. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holiday days;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager Dave.Heilbron@aegon.nl or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97 or Paul van Duinen, Head of Compliance within Aegon Asset Management firstname.lastname@example.org