Aegon Growth Capital Fund (“AGCF”) is part of Aegon’s Ventures proposition, dedicated to accelerate the implementation of its international innovation strategy through investing in FinTech and InsureTech companies. Active since 2017, AGCF has already invested in several tech-driven companies in the financial services industry out of its first investment fund and is actively exploring further investments.
Altogether the team in Amsterdam consists of four experienced professionals with varying backgrounds. Our investment strategy focuses primarily on asset-light businesses in the European financial services sector. In close partnership with successful management teams, we typically take influential minority shareholder positions in our portfolio companies and support them during key strategic decisions as well as provide access to our and our investors’ international network.
Summary & Responsibilities
Proactive, integer & discrete, solution oriented, your prime task is to support the investment team reporting, into the CEO of AGCF. Assisting with project work when required. You will work closely with other assistants at the portfolio companies and the wider Aegon organization. Some of the responsibilities:
- Proactively manage agenda’s and mailboxes in order to ensure an efficient follow-up of requests
- Manage sensitive, confidential information with discretion
- Plan, prepare and organize internal and external meetings. Distribute all relevant meeting documents beforehand in a timely manner. Communicate with participants before and after the meeting/event as needed
- Store, archive and retrieve documentation and provide other document support services, to ensure documents are easily accessible and can be retrieved quickly by current and future users, and
- Orders and organizes all supplies. Whilst striving for a paperless office, maintain and handle mail, printers and photocopiers. Must be able to prioritize a variety of time-sensitive tasks.
- Keep up to date messaging and website content, corporate information packages for external and internal use
- The successful candidate will have at least five years of (corporate) experience, ideally with an investment company or within the financial services industry
- Works proactively in a fast-paced and demanding environment and has the ability to prioritize workload
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver quality results
- Highest standards of professionalism and maturity and has an ability to bring ideas and experience to tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – able to interact at all levels of the organization, excellent Dutch and English language oral and written communication skills
- Proactive, punctual, reliable team player, together with a willingness to assist other members of the team
- Business acumen and financial awareness a plus
- Strong MS Office skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- HBO level and fulltime availability, and
- Background screening will be part of the hiring process.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Helen Hoogerhuis-Gijzemijter, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager email@example.com or +31 (0)6 83 58 95 13