Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to be responsible for the production and publication of our annual report? Aegon should be your next employer!
At the heart of the international Group Finance, the Group Finance Project Manager plans for, co-ordinates & manages the delivery of significant group finance deliverables to our key stakeholders. This requires excellent communication, planning and organisational skills, the ability to positively influence others and a grounding in finance that enables you to understand the deliverables, and speak the language of your fellow professionals in Group Finance on a global level. The most important and critical deliverable will be your responsibility to produce and publish our Annual Report. In addition you will be also responsible for the annual budget, the Regular Supervisory Report and the Solvency and Financial Condition Report. You will be comfortable working with all the teams & disciplines across Aegon group, and in communicating and presenting to all levels of the organisation, up to Executive Board.
You will be working within the international Group Finance Department. This Department is responsible for the delivery of meaningful financial and non-financial information (e.g. capital, income, balance sheet, sales etc) to the Executive Board, Management Board and Supervisory Board of Aegon N.V. to support the board’s decision making process. To achieve this objective, Group Finance maintains appropriate reporting systems which enables group consolidated reporting on key financial metrics based on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Solvency II, Aegon’s Market Value Numbers and other metrics. The environment in Group Finance is very dynamic, and constantly evolving due to external regulatory demands and internal needs and enhancement. Managing & adapting to change in a structured manner is key to the long term success of the department.
As Group Finance Project Manager, you are a dedicated team player with a hands on mentality and result oriented. You are able to undertake complex financial data and transforming this into the annual report. You are proactive and have an energetic attitude. You have experience with financial reporting within a complex international environment. You have the ambition to work for a financial institution. You understand the dynamics of external supervisors, shareholders and other important stakeholders.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- You have a Master’s degree within Finance, Accounting or Economics
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience within a finance environment, preferably in a similar or related role.
- Strong planning and organizational skills are essential as well as an ability to anticipate and manage logistical and operational risks and issues.
- Excellent finance knowledge.
- You are a positive and pro-active team player, analytical and results driven.
- You are structured and have a methodical approach to work.
- Excellent communication skills: providing information, listening, and most importantly, convincing.
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organisation. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holiday days;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager email@example.com or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97.