Aegon and Aegon Asset Management in undergoing a global procurement transformation program for which the aim is to implement tools and processes which will enhance our capabilities for a set of core procurement capabilities incl. Third Party Risk Management, Requisition-to-Purchase, Strategic Sourcing, Contract Management and Analytics.
The Transition Lead will drive the Global Procurement Transformation project together with key stakeholders from other Aegon Business units e.g. project managers, risk officers, information security specialists and procurement professionals. In addition to global expectation-alignment within Aegon affiliates the Transition Lead will also be the primary contract person with AAM who ensures that the key parts of each procurement capabilities is successfully implemented.
In this role you’ll be responsible for the successful implementation of the 5 procurement capabilities (System implementation as well as procedure design and implementation)
Travel between AAM entities NL/UK/US entities should be expected.
About the department
With its 12 employees (located in The Hague, Edinburgh, Groningen and Cedar Rapids, Iowa) the AAM Procurement and Vendor Management team is responsible for successful execution of all aspects of the vendor life-cycle (from vendor evaluation and assessment, contract negotiation and ongoing relationship management) The team manages approx. 1.000 vendors and €145m in annual spend.
As Transition Lead you have good project management skills, are a real team player and have high work ethics, such as being proactive, accountable and responsible. Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Graduate with track record of procurement and vendor management in a complex organization
- Experience of working at a senior level - preferably in an asset management organization.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to put strategic plans into operation. Proven ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively and cultivate strong relationships across all levels of the organization.
Aegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
- A competitive salary.
- As extra you receive a 13th Month and a holiday allowance as a flexbudget of 16.7% of your monthly salary.
- A good work/life balance including a minimum of 27 vacation days.
- A commuting allowance.
- An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products.
Are you interested in joining our Aegon Asset Management Procurement team in The Hague? We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter. For more information about the role, you can contact Anne van Busselen, Talent Acquisition Manager at +31 (0)6 23792726 or firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact John Madsen, hiring manager at +31 (0)6 12506966 or email@example.com