FunctionAre you interested in working for a high-tech innovative Bank as risk professional? Are you someone who knows what it is like to work within a risk environment? Can you communicate with various stakeholders? Why not work for Aegon and Knab Bank.
The Financial Risk Manager reviews asset selection, validates fair value assessments, develop smart risk analytics, execute portfolio trend analysis, communicates lessons learned to management as well as peers and participate in the broader strategic decision-making. The Financial Risk Manager provides advice to the Management of the Bank and presents recommendations to various stakeholders. The financial risk domain include a.o. development of the risk framework in areas such as economic capital, stress testing, credit risk, interest rate risk, liquidity risk and model risk management.
Financial Risk Management is the Bank’s second line of defense, which is responsible for the independent identification, reporting and mitigation of credit and interest risk. We are active in the development, distribution and management of savings, investment and pension products for our customers and are partnering with external asset providers to develop our consumer loans and SME lending business.
RequirementsThe role would suit someone who possesses advanced analytical skills in the assessment of Credit or Interest Rate Risk. Knowledge of fixed income risk systems, ALM and/or retail credit analysis would be an advantage. The successful candidate will have the confidence and credibility to present risk concerns and potential corrective actions to the key risk committees and the senior management of Aegon Bank.
As Financial Risk Manager you have broad knowledge of risk management within a financial
institution or consultancy. In addition, you are able to analyse complex problems, form your opinion and you are able to substantiate this opinion clearly and accurately and share it with (senior) management. You handle stakeholders professionally and you can be convincing and persistent in your judgement. You can operate flexibly in a dynamic environment. In addition you possess:
- A Master’s degree, (preferably in) Econometrics, Business Economics or Finance;
- Works independently while remaining a strong team player with excellent communication skills, both written, oral and presentational;
- Is hands on, down to earth, pro-active, problem solver and result oriented;
- Is capable to translate ideas into concrete proposals and changes;
- Has strong analytical skills, accurate and pragmatic if required;
- SQL and VBA skills are a plus;
- Banking industry experience and knowledge is a plus.
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holidays;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.