Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to be responsible for Research & Development (R&D) within our Global Underwriting Center team? Want to be involved with implementing big data changes on an international scale and driving insurance industry change? Aegon should be your next employer!
As Head of Global Underwriting Center R&D you will have the opportunity to shape our new Global Underwriting Center (GUC) on a global level. As data becomes more prevalent and insurance becomes more personalized through the use of technology, it is essential for Aegon and Transamerica to develop capabilities in this area to maintain a leading role in insurance. In particular, capabilities in the areas of fast data, artificial intelligence, and data analytics must be integrated into insurance processes and products. This further needs to combine with the increased ability of hardware to capture, for example, the health status of any individual. Together these areas make personalized insurance possible. The new GUC is focused on developing, securing, sharing and implementing this across Aegon – with a particular focus on Transamerica (US) – the largest business unit in Aegon.
You will be part of an international team that is managed by an international experienced and innovative department head. This position in turn reports to the Aegon Group Management Board through Group Strategy with a functional line to the Transamerica Executive Management Team given the importance to and the collaboration with Transamerica. You will work within an inspiring environment where there is a clear vision for underwriting transformation and how to leverage that through new product pilots and implementations together with local business units.
- Together with the GUC Head, you will interact with the Aegon Group MB and Transamerica Executive Management Team for the purpose of Global Underwriting Excellence and Innovation.
- You will support in the creation, building and management of the Global Underwriting Innovation Center department/team.
- You will have the responsibility to expand the Dynamic Relative Risk Scoring System for mortality and morbidity and make it production ready along with the Underwriting Suite (app and partner tech) that supports it and secures the direct customer interaction – and add this to global “toolbox” together with Transamerica team.
- Responsible to match local markets ambitions with innovative business opportunities arising from new UW technologies, starting with US/Transamerica
- Liaise with adjacent innovations by realizing global underwriting technology partnerships to ensure availability globally.
- Responsible to develop with and for Units as agreed with Units. In particular,
- Transamerica: multi-variate data approaches from creation to implementation
- Mongeral Aegon: WinSocial, “wellcare”
- Further as may be agreed
- Supporting the Transamerica Venture Capital Fund and related initiatives to help develop the investments Aegon has made and ensure they are rolled out into our global businesses. We will not invent everything internally, but focus on where we can best deliver value, ensure excellence in those spaces and then secure partnerships for the rest. Many of these partnerships may come from our VC investments.
We’re looking for a strategic, forward-thinking and international experienced actuarial professional who has significant within the insurance industry and/or insurance consulting industry. Your leadership skills will be put to the test in this role as you will be overseeing large projects and managing complex process streams too. Senior management will be turning to you as a trusted subject matter expert to drive business results and provide actuarial direction to support pricing strategies for our products and more.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Strong actuarial (underwriting and/or health/life insurance is required) experience in combination with relevant big data/artificial intelligence involvement.
- 15+ years of highly relevant experience, advanced business knowledge to lead teams related to critical data assets including insights and analytics.
- 8+ years in a leadership role.
- Extensive business strategy experience to develop and execute thought leadership in analytics to maximize return on investment and achieve strategic business efforts.
- Creative thinker and problem solver with an eye toward leveraging technology to create more efficient business processes, automate and integrate critical workflow processes leveraging big data analytics and predictive intelligence.
- Experience building and sustaining credibility, influencing, and working collaboratively across senior levels of an organization.
- Successful track record of leading an enterprise data transformation; changing mindsets and capabilities across a complex organization and delivering tools and analysis for rapid and cost-effective decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build the data function with industry leading capabilities and nurture integrated and energized teams to deliver results.
- Strong quantitative and analytics skills, including the ability to understand concepts and assess situations in a timely manner.
- Strong multi project management skills.
- Creative problem solver and decision maker.
- Able to challenge conventional practices and pursue continuous improvement.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with associates and executives on an international level.
- Experience and knowledge of insurance markets in North America is a plus.
- International experience required.
- Fluency in English (both written and oral).
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organization. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holiday days;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager Dave.Heilbron@aegon.com or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97