We are looking for a very experienced Actuarial Risk Manager for the Risk Management Department. Will you reinforce our multidisciplinary growing team at Aegon and contribute to further increase our performance level?
As Senior Actuarial Risk Manager you have a large impact on various actuarial fields of expertise from a second line perspective. Examples of such fields are:
- reviewing of the adequacy of the Technical Provisions (methodology, calibration and calculation) of our life and non-life business,
- evaluating the quality of our insurance products (actuarial rates, commercial rates and product features)
- opining on material actuarial elements of our partial internal models
- judging the effectiveness of our advanced reinsurance program
- contributing to key areas of our IFRS17 program from various actuarial angles
- presenting your reports in steering committees and boards.
- Continuously improving the design of our approach
- Coaching your risk colleagues
Aegon NL has a pro-active 2nd line. This implies you have the possibility to contribute to key developments in the early stages (e.g. designing scenarios deemed important to be part of the ORSA). In addition, we keep on investing in data analytics solutions that aid us in improving the execution of our tasks.
You will closely work together with the manager Insurance Risk Management as well as the actuarial function holder. In addition, you identify possibilities:
- to leverage on the knowledge of the broader Risk Department
- to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our work by means of data analytics.
About the department
The Risk Management department (RM) is part of the second line, as distinguished within Aegon’s Enterprise Risk Management framework (ERM). The Insurance Risk Management Department is part of RM. Within the second line IRM is responsible for all actuarial matters and is currently growing in size. The objective is that the risk exposure of Aegon Nederland (Aegon NL) is such that it contributes to the realisation of the business targets and is acceptable to the relevant stakeholders, e.g. customers, employees, investors and supervisory authorities.
As Actuarial Risk Manager you have broad knowledge of at least one of the following areas: pensions, life and non-life. You are willing to invest in your development where needed. In addition, you are able to analyse complex problems, form your opinion and you are able to substantiate this opinion clearly and accurately and share it with (senior) management as well as the external auditor. You handle stakeholders professionally and you can be convincing and persistent in your judgement. You can operate flexibly in a dynamic environment (where an agile way of working is becoming more prominent). In addition you possess:
- Actuarial education or a completed quantitative university education (e.g. econometrics, (technical) mathematics);
- At least 6 years of experience in a comparable position at a financial institution, preferably an insurance company;
- knowledge of and experience with Solvency II;
- affinity with financial processes (actuarial, financial risk management, accounting, control)
- demonstrable experience in managing (small) teams during projects
- high level of proficiency in English and Dutch (both written and verbal);
- the ability to convincingly communicate complex actuarial matters to stakeholders in word and writing in a short, concise and clear manner.
- Analytical Skills:
- Ability to gather, research, compare and analyze complex data models and develop clear logical interpretation and application.
- Results driven
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude.
- Act as a role model
- Prioritizing and planning time and resources
- Attention to detail
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organisation. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holidays;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
- Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager email@example.com or +31 (0) 6 232 93 581