Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to get a deeper understanding of the insurance industry and gain more experience within Conduct Risk in a major corporate on an international level? Aegon should be your next employer!
As a Conduct Risk Manager, you will provide global expertise in Operational Risk methodology and tooling. You will provide expertise and leadership across the Group to develop and embed the operational risk standards in practice and prepare operational risk reports to the Management Board and Supervisory Board.
You further support the oversight on special projects and promote a strong risk culture throughout the organization. Your contribution will play a significant part in helping Aegon to deliver successful outcomes covering a range of risk projects driven by internal transformation or the regulatory change agenda.
You will form sustainable, productive relationships and work closely with key stakeholders across the organization and Aegon as a whole, to embed a risk aware culture as well as ensuring qualitative risk and control assessment processes are effectively implemented and reported regularly
Reporting into the Group Risk Officer, the responsibilities of this role will include:
- Become global thought leader on Conduct Risk & Control;
- Support group level risk management oversight, risk methodology development and establishment of risk management good practices with key focus on Conduct;
- Set direction for designing more data-driven Conduct Risk MI and liaise with Data Management specialists for realization of data-driven MI;
- Collaborate with Regional Risk teams to establish common direction between Regions;
- Oversee and report upon the correct and consistent implementation of Conduct Risk policy requirements, monitor and address developing issues as well as regulatory developments with respect to Customer Protection;
- Contribute to an integrated Risk Control framework, covering key operational risks (e.g. IT risk, Model risk, 3rd Party Risk Management, Business Continuity and Conduct risk); and
- Represent Aegon as SME in industry bodies (such as CRO Forum) on Conduct Risk topics and support our senior executive management in CEO/CFO/CRO representing Aegon in international fora on Conduct and Customer Protection
As Conduct Risk Manager, you are a dedicated team player with a hands on mentality and result oriented. You have very strong communication skills with ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical stakeholders. You also have proven influencing and relationship management skills and you are able to challenge conventional practices and pursue continuous improvement. You have an excellent practical understanding and experience of Conduct Risk and Customer Protection and strong commercial awareness.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- An expert with at least 5-7 years’ experience of which several years in operational or conduct risk management;
- A strong understanding of ORM and Conduct Risk practices both in the first and second line;
- Ability to balance business value and resource requirements, matching Conduct Risk & Control standards and business needs considering risk tolerance and affordability;
- An understanding of the key internal control and Conduct Risk industry standards and practices as well as Customer Protection regulations (global).
- Learn and apply new concepts and demonstrate career self-reliance
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Good communication and relationship management skills;
- Experience in an international corporate setting desirable;
- Fluency in English (both written and oral).
- The ideal candidate will be focused on excellence and delivery, resilient and able to work with many and varied deliverables.
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organisation. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holiday days;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager Dave.Heilbron@aegon.com or +31 (0)6 83 25 44 97