Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions? Want to be responsible for our global internal communications strategy? Aegon should be your next employer!
Senior Communications Advisor Europe
About Aegon Asset Management
Aegon Asset Management is a global, active investment manager employing approximately 1300 people, primarily in the US, UK and NL. We use our investment management expertise to help people achieve a lifetime of financial security. Investors worldwide entrust us to manage approximately €315 billion on their behalf. Aegon Asset Management is part of Aegon Group, one of the world's leading financial services organizations, providing life insurance, pensions and asset management.
We operate from two strong regions: the AAM US Region and the AAM Europe Region. Working in regions instead of separate countries enables us to become more efficient, faster to market and capitalizes on our combined strengths in order to accelerate growth.
Autonomy to determine the communications course for AAM Europe within the limits of the larger organization. The role also includes running global programs. Although the primary focus is on internal communications, supporting marketing in using the key messages and corporate story to build and guard our long-term reputation in the market is part of the remit.
The communications team aims to support AAM in building an inspiring and successful community of engaged (financial) experts providing our clients a lifetime of financial security.
- Develop and implement an integrated communications strategy to drive employee engagement, activate senior leaders and help the Executive Committee to inspire their teams.
- Help to engage Senior Leadership in business management and help them take responsibility and ownership of the strategic objectives we aim to achieve.
- Help to enable employees to do their daily work in the context of the wider organization.
- Develop integrated communication strategies (in close collaboration with HR and the business)
- Develop and align content – key messages, announcements, articles, scripts, etc.
- Program and project management to deliver communications objectives
- Measure effectiveness and harvest feedback as input for future communications
Engagement with stakeholders
- Engage with the Executive Committee and Senior Leaders to help them deliver the business objectives by providing advice and guidance on what works and what doesn’t.
- Work with marketing to ensure corporate messages are used consistently
- Coaching of and providing support to more junior members in the team.
- Continue to develop knowledge around asset management and keep abreast of latest innovations, technologies, concepts and best-practices in communications to support AAM’s business strategy.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree (preferably in Communications and / or Marketing).
- More than 10 years of experience in a demanding and complex international organisation
- Some understanding of the asset management industry is preferred and some affinity with the financial industry is required.
- Solid experience in creating added value integrated communications strategies that resonates with the target audience.
- Sensitive to organizational dynamics and able to translate feedback into effective communications solutions.
- Person who stands his/her ground and is a good listener at the same time + flexible when the situation requires this. ‘Global’ outlook and rounded personality; sensitive to cultural differences and able to connect with people from all walks of life.
- Creating and running projects/programs from start to end.
- Fabulous writing skills.
What we offer
Aegon Asset Management aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
- A gross monthly salary based on 40 hours a week.
- As extra you receive a 13th Month and a holiday allowance as a flexbudget of 16.7% of your monthly salary.
- Good work/life balance including a minimum of 27 vacation days.
- A commuting allowance.
- An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products.
Are you interested in joining our team in The Hague? We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter. For more information about the role, you can contact Manja de Jong, Talent Acquisition Manager at +31 (0)6 83644499 or firstname.lastname@example.org.