Are you seeking a career in an inspiring, enthusiastic, international, entrepreneurial and agile environment? Want to work at one of the largest Dutch Financial Institutions and be responsible for Internal Communications on a European Level?
Aegon should be your next employer!
Aegon Asset Management (AAM) is a global, active investment manager. Investors worldwide entrust our organization to manage approximately €315 billion on their behalf. Aegon Asset Management has operations throughout the UK, Continental Europe, North America and Asia. As Senior Internal Communications Manager you will have the opportunity to shape our European communications program to support leaders in engaging our people with our business strategy and objectives in a fast-moving, international environment. As financial communication expert, you will be challenging senior leaders, creating key strategic messaging and help develop and bring to life our overall corporate story.
Our ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and will really care about making our organization a great place to work.
The Senior Internal Communications Manager is a trusted advisor to senior management, works with multiple stakeholders and takes responsibility for communication initiatives from the strategic plan to ensuring timely and effective tactical delivery. You will be part of an international team that is managed by a creative head of Global Communications. You will work within an inspiring but at the same time challenging environment. You will have the opportunity to experiment your creative communication ideas and at the same set out a new strategy for the Asset Management organization on a European level.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the European Executive Committee, understand and proactively support their business needs, and translate those into relevant communication and brand strategies to engage employees, inspire managers and enable people to do their daily work.
- Develop, implement, monitor and report back on communication strategies, comprehensive plans and programs for a broad range of business and change initiatives to support the European Asset Management Organization, providing excellent service and quality of work.
- Work with regional communications and a network of colleagues at the site level to implement these strategies and plans, and act as a partner and coach for these individuals.
- Create, enhance, optimize and manage the appropriate mix of internal and external communications programs, channels and vehicles to drive awareness and understanding, while ensuring local adaptability and relevancy.
- Create, review, and edit internal and external communication materials and messages, ensuring appropriate language, quality and local regulations are applied. Work with regional communications and local communications colleagues to help them adapt global communications to meet local needs.
- Must be able to simplify complex information related to the business and write engaging and effective content in a variety of styles and formats.
- Develop European campaigns around Aegon’s purpose, strategy and culture or for specific corporate programs and events (e.g. financial results). Run the campaign from strategy and concept development to ensuring timely and effective tactical delivery and impact measurement.
- Develop measures and benchmarking of internal communications activities to monitor performance.
- Build strong working relationship (strategic and advisory) with key internal stakeholders, including other teams of Group Corporate Communications, Asset & Investment Managers and international communications colleagues in the various business units.
- Be up-to-date at all times with best internal communications practices and new trends. Contribute to new (agile) ways of working.
- Deliver on strategic communications objectives through a time of business growth.
We’re looking for a strategic, forward-thinking and experienced communications professional who has significant international internal communication experience and a proven track record of delivering relevant and resonating content. You have excellent writing, editorial and presentation skills to get across the messages and bring to life the stories. Able to cultivate and maintain good working relationships and handle sensitive issues when needed. Has the gravitas and experience to give credible advice and inspire confidence.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- You have a Master’s degree within business, communication, marketing, journalism or related field.
- At least 7-10 years of Corporate Communications work experience within a financial institution or financial consultancy.
- Experience in a cross-border internal communications role, successfully managing multiple complex projects at a global level with proven results
- Large organizations proficiency at building networks across complex organizations
- Must be fluent in English (native speaker)
- Sensitive to organizational dynamics and able to translate feedback into effective communications solutions.
- Able to ask essential questions and create the right messages.
- Person who stands her / his ground and is a good listener at the same time + flexible when the situation requires this.
- Energy, commitment and ability to maintain a sense of humor and perspective under pressure and changing priorities. Able to balance a varied workload in a fast paced, global and virtual environment.
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an interesting position where you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organization. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excellent package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
- a competitive monthly salary;
- in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holiday days;
- an appropriate commuting allowance;
- excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Dave Heilbron email@example.com or Manja de Jong or firstname.lastname@example.org