At Aegon, we have a special IT Development Program starting in September for Young Professionals. This program will boost your expertise, skills and support your choice in your future career.
Are you passionate about IT such as Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and other innovations? Would you like to identify and develop your potential? We are looking for talents in roles like product owner, (lead) developers, system architects, cloud engineers, security specialists and many other roles.
IT Development Program – the job in a nutshell
We promise you that as a young professional you will grow into a new challenging project every 6 months for one and a half year long. In addition to on the job coaching, you will get many opportunities for personal development. What’s the program about:
- The program starts in September 2020.
- Three different projects of 6 months to explore your talents and ambition.
- Your first assignment will be set up by Aegon in an agile team matching your interests as discussed in the interviews. For the second and third project we give you the opportunity to look for a project that fits your talent and ambition in the business.
- The projects will take place at our office in The Hague or Leeuwarden. You will also have the opportunity to do your projects at one of our daughter companies such as Knab or TKP.
- A pre-defined soft skills program by Clearfields in Germany that will change you forever.
- A fixed budget for your individual needs of technical skills and certifications.
- Coaching and guidance.
After completing this Development Program, you can make a thorough choice in which direction within Aegon you want to go.
Who will be your new colleagues
The IT department has ambitious goals. The speed of innovation within Aegon IT is unprecedented and IT is the beating heart of Aegon. We do everything in-house: from IT-supported customer interaction to automatically correct routing of emails based on AI and processing administrative mutations with Robots. We do this with leading IT partners. Within the program you will recognize many of these innovations and you even have the possibility to help developing them. You will work in a team of enthusiastic colleagues who often also have a beta background, from which you can learn a lot. You will start this program with fellow young professionals. with them you will undergo the soft skill program.
To give you an idea of the project our young professionals are currently working on, here some examples:
- Business information analyst: Be part of a SCRUM team and analyze data and business requirements. Translate these findings into technical solutions together with your development team and guide them into building the features right into the IT solutions.
- Project lead: Be the lead of a new project. Participate in different stakeholder meetings and gather all needs from stakeholders. Analyze business needs, translate those into solutions to create value and coordinate all activities needed to make the project successful.
- Robotics: Help our departments in creating dashboards to enable a data driven approach. Build software robots to automate tasks. Or Help our Robotics team to increase the visibility and efficiency of our future RPA/ML projects by using benefit tracking.
This is your future development program, because you:
- You are an ambitious starter with a(n almost) completed master in a Technical direction, for example Econometrics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information studies, Management of Technology, CoSEM, Physics, Industrial Design Engineering, etc.
- You have a strong affinity with IT;
- You have a maximum of one year relevant work experience;
- You earn high marks, you preferably have gained experience from side jobs (like your own start-up) or you have completed an internship abroad;
- You are proactive and occasionally somewhat unorthodox;
- You are full of ambition and you would like to develop further in an IT position and on a personal level;
- You are fluent in English and Dutch.
What will you be getting?
Aegon offers active attention to your personal and professional development. At Aegon, freedom and responsibility are paramount. This means that employees are given a lot of room with us to take the initiative and implement their own ideas. We believe cooperation, performance and a good atmosphere are more important than status or hierarchy. We pay a lot of attention to coaching and training. We give you the preconditions for your success.
In addition, we offer:
- A good monthly salary of gross € 2850;
- A 1,5 year contract;
- You will also receive a monthly, fixed 13th month and holiday pay in the form of a flex budget (16.7% of your monthly salary);
- 27 vacation days for a 38-hour work week (13 additional days for a 40-hour work week);
- The opportunity to take training classes or to follow study programs;
- Appropriate reimbursement of commuting expenses;
Are you interested in joining the IT Development Program at Aegon in September 2020? We look forward to receiving your resume, cover letter and your list of marks of exam report (bachelor and master’s degree). We suggest to upload your list of marks together with your cover letter as the same document. Information about the application process can be found here.
Want to know more about the program? Contact Emily van der Werff (Talent Acquisition Manager Graduate) at +31 6 83041623 or send an e-mail to email@example.com. #LI-EW1