Do you have financial reporting experience? Can you do high level analysis and tell the story of the data? Do you have strong communication skills and are comfortable interacting with various levels of senior leadership?
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
What You Will Do: As part of the Finance team with Transamerica you will be the subject matter expert for traditional life reporting. Use your expertise by conducting high level analysis and tell the story of the data. Help increase productivity and quality of the work we do by driving process improvements for the life reporting team.
What You Will Learn: In this role, you will gain exposure to Transamerica’s Traditional Life products, while interacting with multi-functional groups within finance. You will also have the ability to support different projects.
What Success Looks Like:
- Extracts financial data from various accounting and information systems to perform appropriate analyses. Organizes and interprets data using Excel, and GL reporting tools such as Essbase and Hyperion Interactive. Independently researches variances to plan and past trends. Determines appropriate methodology to prepare information for use by others, and organizes information so that it is easily interpreted.
- Defines relevant information when analyzing financial data, determining key business drivers of financial performance, highlighting risks and opportunities, and projecting future financial results.
- Utilizes a thorough understanding of the business to proactively develop financial reports and complex models for forecasting, trending and results analysis. Participates in multi-year budget and quarterly forecasting processes.
- Interprets financial transactions and events for users and offers recommendations to those making economic or business decisions.
- Participates in accounting processes to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial records. Assists in creation of correcting journal entries.
- May participate in due diligence activities.
- May participate or lead project teams.
- Works effectively with other departments/divisions to ensure business issues are resolved for the success of the company.
- Offers leadership and direction to others. May supervise others.
- Possesses and applies broad knowledge of concepts and principles or exhibits technical expertise in a specific area; works with minimal instruction or guidance with appreciable latitude for un-reviewed action or decisions; performs moderately difficult assignments with diverse scope and complexity, requiring a great deal of originality, creativity and problem solving with initiative and independent judgment required.
- Presentation of business results and related analysis to peer groups and senior management
- Responsible for adherence to the company's framework of internal controls
- Documentation of business processes
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, with degree
- Advanced computer skills
- Solid knowledge of accounting/financial area preferred ( eg. IFRS or STAT and GAAP reporting, investments, insurance products, or premium analysis).
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, customer service approach to communication is necessary to partner with multiple teams within Finance as well as Actuarial teams, ,
- Work effectively individually and within a team; strong organizational and prioritization skills are necessary since the role may be tasked with handling multiple projects at one time.
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.