Prepares and analyzes statistical reports of data to be used by the actuarial staff. Provides quantitative support in product development, financial analysis, management reporting, modeling and other actuarial research.
- Significant and complex data manipulation and complex calculations using macros and other programs.
- Significant analysis required on most projects.
- May mentor or supervise Actuarial Technician I.
- Has authority to sign-off on projects of smaller scope and may have authority on a few larger projects.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- May build projection models from scratch and reviews results.
- May verify and reconcile financial reporting data, prepare periodic reports for other departments with minimal supervision.
- Understands and manipulates basic actuarial concepts and formulas.
- May analyze and verify pricing models.
- Extracts and integrates data from various databases to analyze and develop reports and spreadsheets.
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, mathematics or relevant area or equivalent education/experience.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience. Understands relevant industry regulations.
- Ability to analyze and understand actuarial processes.
- Strong PC skills including Excel.
- Strong mathematical skills and statistical aptitude.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Knowledge of topics covered in SOA courses P & FM. Completion of SOA exam.
- Basic knowledge of accounting concepts and insurance terminology by having completed some industry courses such as from LOMAs FLMI program.
- Normal office environment.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.