Evaluate new product ideas, and pricing and maintenance of existing products. Direct the design, pricing, and implementation of Transamerica products.
- This role sits in the Product group which covers all product lines: Life, Health, Annuity, and Retirement Business. It also covers ancillary services, advice products, and others that may be developed.
- This Product Engineer will lead and/or support:
- Development of the minimally viable product (MVP)
- Use data about customers to guide decisions and strategies for placing products in the market
- Influence, and guide key inputs to produce a sensible and salable whole product
- Solicit product feedback from stakeholders throughout the company
- Use data about processes to guide decisions about implementation and optimization
- Completion of an MVP from a contractual and feature perspective
- Optimizes of MVP financially and achieve internal approvals.
- Assist the transit from approval to launch
- Act to maintain product alignment with Transamerica enterprise objectives and customer journey throughout the product launch process
- Plays an active role in guiding the preparation and interpretation of actuarial and financial information.
- Exercises significant judgment in setting priorities and determining necessary tasks.
- Provides guidance and advice regarding technical actuarial issues such as pricing rates, modeling methodology, reserving principles and related matters.
- Leads the preparation and interpretation of actuarial information for presentation to Senior Management.
- Supports and assists Actuarial management to develop actuarial policies and procedures.
- Leads several key projects at various times during the year.
- Leads the development of actuarial talent within the organization.
- Represents the company on industry and professional committees and/or with regulators.
- FSA or equivalent professional designation along with Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science,
Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field and 7 years of relevant experience
- In lieu of Bachelor's, will accept Master's in a listed discipline and 5 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of FSA will accept ASA or equivalent professional designation and 12 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Programming skills.
Behavioral and Leadership Competencies:
- Demonstrates high quality leadership, judgment, organization and prioritization skills.
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, advanced mathematical and analytical concepts to various audiences.
- Works well under pressure and within time constraints to effectively accomplish individual and team objectives.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer
- Normal office environment.
- Limited travel may be required.
This job description is not a contract of employment nor for any specific job responsibilities. The Company may change, add to, remove, or revoke the terms of this job description at its discretion. Managers may assign other duties and responsibilities as needed. In the event an employee or applicant requests or
requires an accommodation in order to perform job functions, the applicable HR Business Partner should be contacted to evaluate the accommodation request.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.