The people of Transamerica bring expertise, creativity, heart and diverse thought to everything that we do-and to the communities where we live and work
Do you want to learn processes of multiple lines of business within an organization? Do you want to grow and support modernization efforts? Are you interested in actuarial research, experience studies and statistical analyses?
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
What You Will Do:
As an Assistant Actuary, you will be a part of the modernization efforts at Transamerica reporting directly to a Director. This individual will initiate, organize, and direct actuarial research, experience studies, statistical analyses, calculations and audits.
What You Will Learn:
You will increase your ability to build and maintain strong relationships across Transamerica. You will learn to promote a Future Fit mindset including Acting as One, Accountability, Agility and Customer Centricity.
What Success Looks Like:
- Develops actuarial assumptions to use in pricing, reserving or actuarial modeling, including experience studies in support of assumptions.
- Coordinates, prepares, and performs actuarial analyses to develop pricing strategies, valuation approach or risk management strategies.
- Develops and maintains profit studies, non-forfeiture values and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) actuarial items, reserve programs, rate files, procedures and/or similar processes.
- Prepares actuarial portion of financial reports or other documents (e.g. state insurance department filings, rating agency survey forms, internal management reports, etc.).
- Communicates actuarial research results to business unit management.
- May develop, maintain and document computer-based programs, Sarbanes-Oxley procedures and model validation.
- Maintains documentation of actuarial research and analyses.
- Provides consultation and clarification on actuarial models and risk issues.
- Coordinates and directs special actuarial projects.
- May supervise one or more Actuarial Analysts, Actuarial Students or Actuarial Technicians.
What You Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field and 5 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of Bachelor's, will accept Master's in a listed discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.
- ASA or equivalent professional designation required.
- Demonstrates high judgment, organization and prioritization skills.
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, advanced mathematical and analytical concepts to various audiences.
- Works well under pressure and within time constraints to effectively accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Preferred Qualification - should have a good understanding of investment and insurance products.
- Programming skills highly preferred
- Preferred systems: Phyton, Ruby, Groovy, Visio
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.