The people of Transamerica bring expertise, creativity, heart and diverse thought to everything that we do-and to the communities where we live and work
Do you want to lead the preparation and interpretation of actuarial information for presentation to management? Do you want to grow and support our Individual Solutions & Retail Affiliates group? Are you interested in contributing to the strategic analysis and reporting/analytic functions?
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
What You Will Do:
As an Actuary, you will be a part of the Individual Solutions & Retail Affiliates group at Transamerica reporting directly to a Director. You will be responsible for new business reporting and analysis of the profitability of our Annuity product line to help inform management on the performance of our business and to help in making strategic decisions going forward. The annuity product line encompasses variable annuities, fixed indexed annuities, fixed deferred annuities, immediate annuities, and retail mutual funds.
What You Will Learn:
You will increase your ability to build and maintain strong relationships across Transamerica. You will learn to promote a Future Fit mindset including Acting as One, Accountability, Agility and Customer Centricity.
What Success Looks Like:
- Produce quality and timely new business profitability reporting on annuity and mutual fund products, including market value of new business and capital generation. This includes formal quarterly reporting as well as intra-quarter updates.
- Be able to effectively reconcile changes in key results and tell the story of how our profitability has changed over time.
- Ability to effectively present key results in a written and verbal format to members of senior management as well as other Individual Solutions partners.
- Assist in the development and ongoing management of analytics on distribution partner profitability for annuities.
- Provide ongoing reporting to assist Pricing and Product in determining product strategy to enhance our growth and profitability.
- Oversee the reporting models and be responsible for ongoing development and maintenance, including model improvements, assumption changes, etc.
- Ability to build tools and processes to improve efficiency and reduce time to provide results, including potential use of Alteryx to improve the workflow.
- Ability to present complex data in a digestible format including the use of Tableau to provide ongoing management reporting on our business.
- Attend governance and working groups as necessary.
- Monitors and analyzes developments in actuarial techniques, laws and regulations applicable to company operations, and competitive developments in the marketplace. Recommends appropriate reactions to these developments.
- Serves as a key resource for completion of one or more major recurring projects during the course of the year.
- May supervise a team of employees
What You Need:
- FSA or equivalent professional designation along with Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field and 7 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of Bachelor's, will accept Master's in a listed discipline and 5 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of FSA will accept ASA or equivalent professional designation and 12 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrates high quality leadership, judgment, organization and prioritization skills.
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, advanced mathematical and analytical concepts to various audiences.
- Works well under pressure and within time constraints to effectively accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Preferred: Extensive knowledge of Annuity products
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing, to all audiences, ability to handle multiple projects by using effective project management skills, analytical is preferred.
- Organizational and prioritization skills, effective judgment, address employee issues on a timely basis is preferred.
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.