Are you a leader in the group insurance space? Do you have significant experience with Employee Benefit products including group insurance, voluntary benefits, and wellness programs? Do you have an in-depth knowledge of insurance pricing, financial engineering, and product design?
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
What You Will Do:
As the Senior Director you will lead the Employee Benefit strategy through the product development function for group insurance, voluntary benefits, and wellness programs. Pricing, financial engineering, and product design are at the core of the role, with a focus on our customer and business partner needs.
What You Will Learn:
You will learn to apply technical expertise to build and maintain strong teamwork across Transamerica. You will learn to promote a Future Fit mindset including Acting as One, Accountability, Agility and Customer Centricity.
What Success Looks Like:
- Leadership role guiding the work of other actuaries and staff handling the most complex technical actuarial tasks requiring significant knowledge and experience.
- Develop and manage teams responsible for product-owned prioritization, oversight and implementation activities in conjunction with all other functional areas.
- Develops and provides a vision and direction for department, as well as engage with the broader organization to execute product line strategy.
- Drive key projects to completion by providing leadership and direction to individuals both inside and outside the organization.
- Lead key projects through the year.
- Interpret, prepare and present key information to advise Senior Management to make properly informed decisions.
- Oversee go to market price setting policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance and advice regarding technical actuarial issues, such as pricing rates, modeling methodology, reserving principles and related matters.
- Lead the development of actuarial and staff talent within the organization.
- May represent the company on industry and professional committees and/or with regulators, as well as with distribution and vendor partners.
- Manage operational budget.
What You Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field, and 12+ years of related actuarial experience.
- In lieu of Bachelor's, will accept Master’s in a listed discipline and 10 years’ experience. FSA and American Academy of Actuaries membership.
- Demonstrates high quality leadership, judgment, organization and prioritization skills.
- Exhibits effective management skills to motivate and develop a staff.
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, advanced mathematical and analytical concepts to various audiences.
- Understand company priorities and adapt to changing needs Solid understanding of capital markets and risk/return of various assets.
- Preferred Qualifications: Minimum 5 years in group insurance pricing and/or product development.
- Preferred Qualifications: Experience in the Employee Benefits industry.
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.