The Annuity and Retirement Inforce Management team is looking for a talented, sharp, and creative individual to assist in the management of various product lines. These product lines include fixed and variable annuities, GIC’s, and various pension product lines. This person will be involved in the rate setting process across all of Transamerica products, and will also assist in various projects related to the product lines, including projects that are focused on improving the risk reward profile of the product lines. The ideal candidate will need to be organized and a good communicator. The level of this position will vary depending on the qualifications of the candidate.
• This position will play a key role in the rate setting process for all Transamerica product lines, including life product lines. This will include organizing meetings, ensuring rates are communicated out to the various areas, etc.
• Analyzing our major in-force product lines, looking for potential issues and opportunities to improve our financial performance.
• Researching issues and opportunities, and developing the reports and proposals to management which lead to actions that improve our financial performance.
• Building and maintaining strong relationships across the functional areas of Transamerica, e.g., with pricing, valuation, operations, and financial reporting. This is essential within IFM as we work with all functional areas for information and implementation of our approved proposals.
• Handling urgent requests from management for information and analyses on our block.
• Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field and 5 years of relevant experience. In lieu of Bachelor’s, will accept Master’s in a listed discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.
• ASA or equivalent professional designation.
- Previous experience with pricing and valuation.
- Knowledge of insurance products - including annuities, life and retirement
- Project Management
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies
• Demonstrates high judgment, organization and prioritization skills.
• Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, advanced mathematical and analytical concepts to various audiences.
• Works well under pressure and within time constraints to effectively accomplish individual and team objectives. Excellent computer skills.
Compatibility with Transamerica’s Future Fit mindset
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
• Acting as one fosters an environment of positive collaboration
• Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
• Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
• Customer centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.