The Senior Compliance Analyst is responsible for working with multiple operational areas to implement compliance with insurance laws and other regulatory guidance, participate in a variety of compliance-related projects, conduct research to support the legislation or projects, and provide compliance support to company products and operations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Analyze new/revised laws/regulations to determine potential impact on the Company’s products and processes.
- Summarize the legislation or other regulatory guidance and identify a recommended course of action for the various departments affected.
- Follow the legislation/regulation through to ensure it is implemented, providing research and guidance to the business as needed.
- Manage or participate in corrective actions and other compliance projects to assure timely completion.
- Conduct research to address company questions or needs. (May involve 50 state research projects)
- Participate in implementing new compliance programs and enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Possess and apply broad knowledge of concepts and principles or exhibits technical expertise in a specific area.
- Works with minimal instruction or guidance with appreciable latitude for un-reviewed action or decisions.
- Performs moderately difficult assignments with diverse scope and complexity requiring a great deal of originality, creativity and problem solving, initiative the initiative and exercising independent judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, pre-law or other relevant field, Paralegal Certificate, or equivalent education and experience.
- Five years’ industry/regulatory/securities experience in legal, contract development, claims, underwriting legal research and communications.
- Securities license may be required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional analytical, interpretative, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of contract law and company operations.
Behavioral and Leadership Competencies
- Possess the ability to take initiative and responsibility to problem solve and troubleshoot in an effective and efficient manner.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail to assess problems and develop solutions.
- Ability to work well within a team environment; strong communication skills to collaborate with others.
- Normal office environment.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.