Responsible for the effective management and integrity of accounting data in a specific accounting unit.
What You Will Do:
You will be responsible for the effective management and integrity of accounting data in a specific accounting unit.
What You Will Learn: You will be working with a team of ambitious and engaged professionals who bring fresh ideas and diverse perspectives to help us continually shake up the status quo and stay on the forefront of reinventing how we meet our customer needs. You will learn what it means to work for a company that focuses on the Employee Experience and how this enables us to engage, retain and develop our employees,
What Success Looks Like:
- May effectively manage staff to achieve performance standards, develop and motivate staff to achieve effectiveness; mentors, trains and shares high level knowledge. Ensures staff demonstrates appropriate customer service attitudes.
- Ensures the accounting information/system(s) of the area is maintained, credible and explainable.
- Directs/reviews preparation of applicable financial statements/reports.
- Prepares written analyses of issues to enhance the understanding of senior management.
- Works effectively with other departments/divisions to ensure business issues are resolved for the success of the company.
- Exhibits a thorough understanding of technical accounting concepts for multiple bases of accounting.
- Responsible for the adhering to the Company's framework of internal controls. Completes performance appraisals and evaluates overall performance of team. Makes decisions on interviewing and selection of new employees. Sets goals and objectives for individuals and work groups. Motivates, mentors and coaches individuals, fostering a team environment.
- Manages a department or a functional area of importance. Implements operating procedures in conformance with annual budget. Has latitude to determine how to achieve objectives within budget. Typically does not perform the duties of individual contributors in the department. Often interacts with Divisional Leadership or Senior Management.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Minimum of 8 years previous experience, with degree.
- Demonstrated management experience.
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.
- Normal office environment.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.