Responsible for assisting in the day-to-day execution of the Aegon Americas Sarbanes Oxley controls program within the first line of defense. Responsible for assisting in the identification, assessment, oversight reporting and disclosure of all key controls across the company and to ensure the business procedures and/or financial controls are in compliance with applicable regulatory and corporate standards and practices. Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate business management and process owners, as well as risk management personnel (second line of defense).
- Evaluate the design of internal controls and make recommendations for improvement.
- Assist in documenting financial/accounting/actuarial process flows, with a focus on internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Support the execution of management’s SOX risk assessment and scoping activities to ensure proper risk identification, process mapping and controls linkage for a sustainable internal control framework.
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities and procedures relating to internal controls over financial reporting and SOX.
- Prepare updates to management, to include management control remediation plans.
- Work with external auditors to plan and implement an assessment of the control environment, coordination of timing and execution of process walkthroughs, and a process for timely sharing of potential issues for resolution with respect to internal controls.
- Collaborate with the first line in development of action plans to assess the adequacy of action taken by management to correct reporting deficient conditions, accepting adequate corrective action and continuing reviews with appropriate management on action considered inadequate until satisfactory resolution.
- Collaborate with the second line the in development and implementation of a system to capture and track control deficiencies, as well as internal and external audit findings to resolution.
- Engage the second line in testing the design and operating effectiveness of internal control over financial reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- Two years of experience in internal controls, audit or risk management within the financial services industry.
- Experience working on internal audits and/or operational risk assessments.
- Ability to document and verbally communicate financial reporting processes in a clear and concise manner, including assessment of design and operating effectiveness of controls.
- Communication skills to educate/raise awareness of foundational elements/methodologies needed to support an internal control framework
- Office environment.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.