Prepares, analyzes and/or reviews tax reports and tax return filings (federal, state and local).
- Prepare, and/or review local, state and federal tax returns, as well as financial and management reports.
- Prepare, maintain and analyze tax records and reports; subject to review.
- Research more complex tax issues, analyze applicable tax laws and document conclusions.
- Use computer systems and/or reporting tools to input, retrieve or summarize tax information.
- Perform moderately complex tasks under general supervision using some analytics skills and ingenuity.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or equivalent experience.
- Two years of experience in tax, accounting, or comparable role.
- Understanding of tax accounting concepts, practices and procedures.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Organizational skills to perform multiple assignments.
- Written/verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable tax and/or accounting software systems.
- Knowledge of on-line research software (RIA, Westlaw).
- Proficiency using MS Office tools.
- Office environment.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.