Aegon Asset Management is a global investment firm with employees located in North America, Europe and Asia. Investment offerings for Aegon Asset Management US and Aegon Real Assets US include credit strategies, global equity, multi-asset and real asset strategies, and customized investment solutions. The firm serves a diverse global client base that includes corporate, union and public pensions, endowments, foundations, insurance companies, subadvisory, family offices and wealth managers. We are committed to excellence, trust and building long-term partnerships with clients.
Position Overview: The position will support the Aegon Asset Management Operations Audit and Risk Team in completing Information Technology Control Framework assessments and testing, Sarbanes-Oxley key report and application audit testing, providing audit requests or documentation requirements for multiple contiguous audits, fielding auditor or business questions, and helping assess the overall control environment within various business units. Activities will support all Client types.
- Document information technology process flows and controls with a focus on internal controls associated with IT Control Framework, Service Organization Controls (SOC1) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance.
- Assist in determining appropriate testing of IT Control Framework on a global tiered level.
- Lead testing program for ITCF; SOX key report, application and IT control testing.
- Support management’s SOX risk assessment and scoping activities to ensure proper risk identification, process mapping and controls linkage for a sustainable internal control framework.
- Effectively act as audit liaison between external/internal audit and risk teams and the operational business units.
- Obtain an in depth understanding of various business unit processes and controls to assist in continually identifying and managing risks as processes change to support the company’s framework of internal controls.
- Work with business owners to identify efficiency gains or improved controls when opportunities are observed.
- Responsible for adherence to the company’s framework of internal controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant field, or equivalent education/experience.
- Five years of experience in internal controls, audit or risk management within the financial service industry.
- Experience working on internal audits and/or operational risk assessments.
- Ability to document and verbally communicate business processes in a clear and concise manner, including assessment of design and operating effectiveness of controls.
- Ability to handle multiple contiguous projects.
- Communication skills to educate/raise awareness of foundational internal controls framework.
- Ability to work effectively individually and within a team.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload in a fast paced environment.
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of his/her relevant experience and other job related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.