Transamerica has been helping people feel better about the future for more than 100 years, and we’re proud of the trust we’ve earned. But we believe our responsibility goes beyond insurance, investments, and retirement accounts. We’re also in the business of helping people improve their financial and personal well-being, so they can add more years to their lives, and more life to their years.
Provides leadership in the conversion of our Long Term Care business to a Third Party Administrator. Defines conversion strategies and develops the team by providing technology vision and leadership, career development, and mentoring in design, framework and platform decisions. Defines and communicates delivery plans, manages team/project budgets, and partners with leaders in key business and IT groups to deliver value through efficient use of development resources.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to the development teams to deliver quality solutions utilized by multiple lines of business. Continue to drive the team toward delivery of the best end to end design solutions for the enterprise.
- Interact with executive management, the PMO, and Third Party Administrator to develop and align strategic direction for the project team, department and functional areas.
- Work closely with business, support teams, and TPA to ensure technology stack can deliver on road maps.
- Partner with senior leadership and stakeholders at all levels of the organization. Provide clear direction by translating strategic priorities and goals into defined tactical action plans and milestones. Work with cross functional leaders to understand and influence business strategy, set priorities, and define technology goals.
- Act as a strategist and champion for enterprise architecture and design principles.
- Lead white board discussions and presentations with key stakeholders, executive leadership, and the TPA.
- Identify opportunities to utilize third-party software development frameworks, open source libraries, and APIs in agile, and speed to market focused development for business partners.
- Ensure high quality service is achieved by providing oversight, monitoring key performance indicators, internal controls, and keeping abreast of market events and industry changes. Bring a passion to stay on top of technical trends, experiment with new technologies, and participate in internal and external technology communities.
- Act quickly and appropriately to solve problems, bring clarity, and minimize the impact of unforeseen circumstances.
- Drive a culture of change and innovation which constructively challenges the status quo and leads to prudent experimentation. Have a growth mindset with the ability to adopt new practices and spearhead adoption.
- Oversee the quality, delivery, performance, cost, and scope for the LTC conversion initiative as well as all other projects as assigned.
- Develop staff through coaching, set goals, provide timely performance feedback and assessments and establish performance and development plans. Mentor current and future leaders, ensuring a constantly rising bar in technical excellence and professional growth.
- Adapt departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges.
- Recruit, attract, and retain top talent for the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, math, engineering, or other technical field, or equivalent experience
- Eight years of experience in delivery of large-scale design projects involving interaction with a broad spectrum of enterprise operational functions
- Six years of experience managing a diverse team and leading cross-functional teams.
- Strong background in the execution of DevOps methodologies and continuous integration/continuous deliver, and accomplishments in architecture and strategy.
- Experience managing vendor relationships, including product/service evaluation, contract negotiations, and on-going relationship management
- Results oriented with a strong customer focus
- Strong communication skills to delivery highly relevant and effective information to the Board, executives, and employees.
- Ability to synthesize ambiguous and complex information in a way the leads to substantive actionable outcomes.
- Proactive mindset to drive change, question assumptions and push for innovation solutions.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical communication skills and the ability to present information to all levels of the organization
- Problem-solving and technical communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment and identify, define, and resolve organizational issues
- Creative analytical thinker
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines
- Master’s degree
- Familiarity with modern UI development frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, Vue.js) and web technologies (e.g. HTTP, HTML, JS, CSS)
- Knowledge of the insurance and financial services industry
- Office environment.
- Work outside of normal business hours may be required
- Frequent travel
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.