Responsible for leading the development of the Business Intelligence and Analytics products and platforms, including but not limited to data warehouse, data visualizations and interactive Tableau reports. Applies Business Intelligence and Analytics subject matter expertise (data modeling, data discovery, BI product offering development) to provide appropriate business clients with tools and insights in support of meeting their strategic goals.
- Establish relationships with key business constituencies and serve as an advocate for BI deliverables across multiple departments and serve as a liaison between business and other technical areas.
- Capture requirements from business partners and fully understand their needs to ensure accurate fulfillment of user story request for internal business customers
- Manage workload among team members using intake ticket process.
- Work closely with architects and business users to model business concepts, and implement data structures and reporting tools and BI solutions
- Extract, transform and load data using data management tools
- Continuously develop and maintain an understanding of Business Intelligence technology and architecture, including data warehousing, dimensional modeling, reporting tools and other methods of information delivery.
- Contribute to and lead project teams that are developing or modifying highly complex information solutions.
- May construct data models, data dictionaries and report glossaries.
- May conduct user interviews and training sessions.
- Mentor team members in BI tools and data story telling
- Conduct and may facilitate internal testing and user acceptance testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Five - Seven years of experience in business intelligence or data management.
- Experience leading a full lifecycle BI project team from a technical leadership perspective.
- Strong understanding of BI concepts and tools.
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI tools or other visualization tools.
- Significant experience in data discovery and presentation of insights to business partners
- Problem-solving ability and a willingness to think “outside-the-box”.
- Knowledge of Financial Industry, related business processes and products
- Project management skills
- Office environment
- Primary location preference in Cedar Rapids, IA, Secondary preference Denver, CO
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.