Do you have a financial background? Do you have a strong attention to detail and can stay organized on projects? Are you interested in analyzing data that has been processed in our system to make sure the information is accurate? Do you have excellent communication skills and are comfortable interacting with all audiences?
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
What You Will Do: As part of the Transamerica team, you’ll assist our Actuarial Integrity group to support our administrative systems and processes to ensure adherence to organizational change management policies over actuarial and other models, or computer programs, used by Transamerica. In a team environment, you’ll develop, enhance and support processes to track model changes, report on those changes to management and support our controls. You’ll interact directly with business unit model users to ensure process adherence. You may also consult with risk management team as they monitor adherence to our processes and policies.
What You Will Learn: In this role, you will gain exposure to Transamerica’s actuarial groups while interacting with multi-functional groups in Finance and Risk Management. You will also have the ability to support different projects as we continue to develop our processes.
What Success Looks Like:
- Use, develop and/or run various reporting and other tools used to support for change management functions such as maintaining the inventory of models, tracking and maintaining list of known model findings, supporting the repository for model documentation. Tools required may include SharePoint, Excel, Tableau, Alteryx, SVN, Microsoft PowerBI and other internal proprietary systems.
- Support reporting of key controls for our change management processes and ensure that the controls are operating as designed. Key control reporting has financial impact to Transamerica’s financial results and support of the reporting functions will require outreach to modelers to ensure the controls are completed on a timely basis.
- Support internal reporting prepared for Risk Management and ensure the reporting is accurate and meets their needs and requirements.
- Partner with technology and business experts to develop and enhance the administrative systems that support our change management processes. Complete User Acceptance Testing (“UAT”) for proposed changes to our administrative systems and ensure the documentation for UAT is complete and accurate.
- Independently collaborate with members of the organizational modeling community, technical staff, business users, risk, compliance, project leadership and others to ensure change controls are effectively administered.
- Support the overall change management process by directly communicating with model users, owners and others to address their questions and concerns about our process. Work directly with model users to identify and quickly resolve issues.
- Partner with various members of the change management team, model users, risk, finance and other key individuals within the organization to develop and enhance existing change management processes and procedures.
- Work directly with model users to document, retain, and store model documentation including components, processes, and workflows that track model changes.
- Document internal changes to processes and procedures.
- Aid in constructing project resource and level of effort estimates for projects as requested.
- Work with team members and team leaders to enhance morale, to bring together disparate groups within teams and build positive working relationships across the organization.
- Work collaboratively as part of a team (or project team) while also demonstrating the ability to work independently as required.
- Document business and technical processes using various tools like Visio
What You Need:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or other related business field or equivalent education and/or experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a complex, problem solving business environment.
- A demonstrated knowledge of reporting management and process administration.
- Minimum of one year of experience with large, complex projects.
- Exceptional personal computer skills including an advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, Microsoft Windows, Adobe Acrobat, various web browsers and advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills needed.
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.