At Transamerica we’ve seen that Wealth + Health are inextricably linked, and that living well tomorrow starts with the habits we form today. That’s why we’re passionate about inspiring our customers to improve their financial health- and their overall well-being- to optimize how we help people prepare for the future. We’re seeking ambitions people who can bring fresh ideas and varying perspectives, and help us to shake up the status quo! Come join our supportive culture that encourages a healthy lifestyle, community giving, diversity, and lifelong learning!
Our Procurement division is continuing to grow and is undergoing some exciting changes. Due to this growth we have an opportunity for you to show off your previous INDIRECT sourcing skills and expertise. As a Senior Procurement & Vendor Management Specialist you will partner closely with the business to support multiple and varied projects.
What You Will Do: As a strategic partner to the assigned business organization, you will provide your subject matter expertise to the key business stakeholders, to identify the appropriate category strategies for various procurement projects that you will manage in a growing wealth management firm. You will gain a deep understanding of your stakeholders needs, and provide guidance and recommendations as their trusted strategic partner. Through your effective contract negotiations and vendor management and oversight, you will ensure successful on-time project delivery, supplier compliance, and cost savings.
What You Will Learn: You will develop a deep understanding of our corporate structure, stakeholder needs, current processes, resources, and sourcing initiatives, in order to become a valued partner to your stakeholders, and make recommendations on suppliers’ performance to ensure optimal support of Transamerica’s objectives.
What Success Looks Like:
- Works independently to execute category, commodity or supplier specific sourcing strategies for high complexity transactions and drive this across functional organizations and business units to affect policies, processes and procedures having an impact on revenue and profitability.
- Conducts benchmarking to ensure proposed supplier solutions are competitive to the market
- Performs market research to understand and document competitive supplier landscape and service capabilities
- Participates on local or global cross-functional teams to assist the with analyzing procurement spend trends using data derived from available spend data, with the evaluation of sourcing opportunities, with pre-award and post-award procurement activities, such as volume reporting and evaluation of RFP responses, and with reporting and analysis used to develop and implement the selected the supplier
- Perform program management activities for procurement-owned programs, as applicable to the commodity area. Duties include but are not limited to: managing catalogs, processing non-catalog requisitions, researching new suppliers, short-form agreements, renewals, and identifying cost-saving opportunities within managed programs
- Ensures project milestones are met and benefits delivered; Resolves supplier issues that arise during implementations, acting as a liaison with Project and Divisional Management
- Escalates issues as needed to Senior Management; Provides transition support for exiting existing supplier relationships
- Creates and manages supplier request for proposals (RFPs)
- Perform preparation, review and analysis of contract language to mitigate risk
- Successful use of Ariba to manage requests, sourcing activities and contracts
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, operations management, or other directly applicable field or equivalent education/experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in category procurement, strategic sourcing, supplier management and contract management
- Experience with the supplier identification, selection and negotiation process
- Knowledge of supplier management best practices and industry trends.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and drive change.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to put strategic plans into operation.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and support activities within a single job function.
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package, Pension Plan, 401K Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, and more
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Paid Time Off, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid time to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.