Aegon Asset Management is a leading global investor. Our 370 investment professionals manage and advise on assets of US$447 billion for a global client-base of pension plans, public funds, insurance companies, banks, wealth managers, family offices and foundations.
We organize our investment capabilities around four focused platforms: fixed income, real assets, equities, and multi-asset & solutions. Each platform has dedicated teams with deep asset-class expertise, organized globally and committed to maximizing client benefit from their specialist areas.
We share a common belief in fundamental, research-driven active management, underpinned by effective risk management and a commitment to responsible investment.
We are an international business: Our 1,200 employees work from 17 locations across Europe, the Americas and Asia.
The Associate Director of Real Estate Acquisitions role is to market and interface with third party clients to source, review, underwrite, conduct market research, and negotiate real estate equity investments for the US, consistent with investment management agreements and guidelines.
- Source real estate equity opportunities, evaluate and assess markets, and identify/resolve risks and issues.
- Foster relationships with developer/operators, other market participants and intermediaries for single transactions and multiple transaction programmatic relationships.
- Directly underwrite real estate opportunities; understand market dynamics, valuation, development, property operations, and financing techniques. Utilize market data resources and financial analysis tools to evaluate revenues, expenses and operational trends.
- Collaborate with senior staff in front-line negotiations with sponsors, intermediaries, and internal and external service providers. Evaluate and structure opportunities based on client goals and objectives.
- Present information through frequent team meetings and internal committee presentations, with periodic direct client-facing reporting and interaction.
- Maintain contact throughout the Real Estate department and with external stakeholders such as sales brokers, owners, appraisers, attorneys, engineers, etc. who are part of the acquisition process.
- Contribute to recap efforts and provide support to the senior director as needed.
**Either level of experience will be considered for one vacancy.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or six years of directly related experience.
- Eight years of experience in commercial real estate, including real estate equity products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with internal staff and negotiating with partners.
- Ability to work in a complex environment interfacing across multiple disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, real estate or related degree, or equivalent experience
- Five years of experience in commercial real estate, including real estate equity products
- Related professional designations
- Strong written and oral communication skills for interfacing with internal staff and negotiating with external clients, partners and borrowers
- Ability to work in a complex environment interfacing across multiple disciplines
- Related professional designations.
- Extensive knowledge of direct and private equity real estate management, asset management and development.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.