Aegon Asset Management (Aegon AM) is a leading global investor. Our 370 investment professionals manage and advise on assets of US$463.8 billion
for a global client base of pension plans, public funds, insurance companies, banks, wealth managers, family offices and foundations.
We organize our firm around four investment platforms: fixed income, real assets, equities and multi-asset & solutions, which includes a fiduciary and multi-manager business. Each investment platform has dedicated teams with deep asset-class expertise, organized globally and committed to maximizing client benefit from their specialist areas.
We are an international business: Our 1,200 employees work from 15 locations across Europe, the Americas and Asia. We share a common belief in fundamental, research-driven active management, underpinned by effective risk management and a commitment to responsible investment.
As an Aegon AM Rotational Analyst-Fixed Income, you will participate in a two-year program designed for recent college graduates which will help to develop cross-functional skills through multiple rotation opportunities. The program provides entry-level hires broad exposure to the fixed income team’s activities while receiving coaching and mentoring in key areas—including research, trading, investment operations and portfolio management.
- Rotational candidates will complete approximately three focused rotations with additional capstone projects in the second year. The length of each rotation is estimated at four to twelve months but can be adjusted based upon business need.
- General program track:
- Research – primary focus will be in-depth training in corporate credit research with additional training on at least one additional research team in the later portion of the rotation. Additional research teams may include securitized, emerging market, bank loan, distressed or private markets.
- Trading/Trading Support
- Investment Operations
- Additional capstone projects on portfolio management teams to bring together learnings from earlier rotations. Projects will typically be focused on specific asset classes such as investment grade, high yield, emerging market or securitized.
- Program sponsors will be Jennifer Moore and Jim Schaeffer
- Manager of Rotational Analysts will be Rich Irvin for the duration of the program
- Rotational Analyst will also be assigned a senior level mentor at the beginning of employment for the duration of the Program
- Program will also include several opportunities to meet with senior leaders outside of the investment team to learn more about the company and to build a network
- Placement of the candidate will be determined by
- Departmental opportunities
- Candidate’s qualifications
- Candidate interests
- Rotations will be in Cedar Rapids or Chicago
- Entry level analyst position requiring a BA (preferably in finance, economics, mathematics or actuarial science)
- Solid business understanding of investments and financial concepts
- Exhibits leadership skills through roles in school or organizations
- Demonstrates strong communications skills, both verbal and written
- Highly detail oriented
- Fluency with Microsoft Excel, Bloomberg, CapitalIQ and/or SNL
- Familiarity with financial statement analysis
- Demonstrates strong quantitative skills
- Demonstrates critical analysis and time management skills with the ability to adapt quickly to change
- Highly successful performance in past AAM internships (if applicable)
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of candidate’s relevant experience and other job-related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from embracing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.