Aegon Asset Management is leading global investor. Our 360 investment professionals manage and advise on assets of US$386 billion for a global client-base of pension plans, public funds, insurance companies, banks, wealth managers, family offices and foundations.
We organize our investment capabilities around four focused platforms: fixed income, real assets, equities, and multi-asset & solutions. Each platform has dedicated teams with deep asset-class expertise, organized globally and committed to maximizing client benefit from their specialist areas.
We share a common belief in fundamental, research-driven active management, underpinned by effective risk management and a commitment to responsible investment.
We are an international business: Our 1,200 employees work from 17 locations across Europe, the Americas and Asia.
Position Overview: Supports the management and development of global real assets and alternative product offerings at Aegon Asset Management. Assists in managing the overall real assets and alternative product suite globally. Identify opportunities to position existing real assets and alternative capabilities or launch new initiatives that can drive the growth, particularly in private fund structures. . Manage real assets and alternative product offerings across various jurisdictions throughout the product life cycle, including product enhancements and changes,, pricing and new offering launches.
- Monitor and evaluate the current real assets product suite for performance, profitability, client suitability and delivery of investment objectives/policy.
- Familiar with REITs and other private fund vehicles that support new and existing strategy capabilities
- Understanding of tax considerations and structures related to the distribution globally of originated assets such a real estate and private loans.
- Assist in the management of the existing product suite by identifying enhancements, extension and rationalization of existing products
- Proactively identify product sales and marketing opportunities based on industry trends, the investment environment, and competitive advantages
- Rationalize the existing product line up and recommend strategy/fund mergers or closures
- Prioritize and oversee competitor analysis, developing key conclusions
- Maintain expertise in market/channel characteristics, including a thorough understanding of client needs
- Develop and implement specific strategic and tactical product initiation by working with the PM/PS and other internal constituents
- Involved in RFPs to establish strategic fit and determine optimal strategy offering
- Assist in management of capacity limits for capacity constrained products
- Develop initial product pricing and provide recommendations/insight on bespoke pricing requests
- Develop and maintain product positioning templates in collaboration with GIG, Marketing, PMs/PS
- First stop for Sales on new product inquiries or strategy extensions
- Follow market trends and work with Portfolio Managers/Portfolio Specialists to identify new products or product extensions
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of related product experience.
- Experience in real assets investment/asset management, which may include functional responsibilities in product development/management and portfolio management/trading, research or sales/client relationship management.
- Experience in the product life cycle, from idea generation through implementation.
- Understanding of product wrappers (e.g. private placements, 40 Act registered, collective trusts, ETFs, off-shore funds including UCITS)
- Strong knowledge of real assets and alternative competitive landscape and market trends, including Responsible Investing/ESG
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
- Quantitative/qualitative problem solving and research skills.
- Communication skills for frequent interaction with senior leaders, portfolio managers and distribution staff.
- Ability to influence team members and take ownership of projects and execute on strategy.
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of candidate’s relevant experience and other job-related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from embracing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation
including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
We are open to considering flexible working practices. Please talk to us about what this means for you.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.