Aegon Asset Management is a leading global investor. Our 370 investment professionals manage and advise on assets of US$447 billion for a global client-base of pension plans, public funds, insurance companies, banks, wealth managers, family offices and foundations.
We organize our investment capabilities around four centered platforms: fixed income, real assets, equities, and multi-asset & solutions. Each platform has dedicated teams with complete asset-class expertise, organized globally and committed to maximizing client benefit from their specialist areas.
We share a common belief in fundamental, research-driven active management, underpinned by effective risk management and a commitment to responsible investment.
We are an international business: Our 1,200 employees work from 17 locations across Europe, the Americas and Asia.
Aegon Asset Management is seeking a Senior Responsible Investment Manager focused on Real Assets to lead efforts to address the increasing investor demand and regulatory requirements with clear, focused and competitive responsible investment strategies. We are seeking a passionate Real Assets investments specialist with deep industry knowledge and a passion for ESG to help us achieve credible and efficient consideration of sustainability risks, and to demonstrate the significant positive social and environmental impacts real assets can have.
The Responsible Investment Manager will support the Responsible Investment (RI) function, in precise in the area of Global Real Assets. In addition, the individual may support projects to analyze added impact investments.
- Draft a responsible investment strategy for the GRA platform that captures the debt and equity investment activities of the platform, and obtain approval to adopt this from the AAM Responsible Investment Committee, and the GRA Exec.
- Establish and a common reporting framework that measures Environmental, Social and Governance activities across the GRA business units and products which sets out Objectives, Targets, Metrics. Act as focal point in the undertaking of Corporate Reporting including – AAM Annual RI Report, GRA PRI responses and GRESB Submissions.
- The GRA RI strategy should consider best market practice across different Geographies and identify common monitoring and reporting objectives across the platform and create a 5 year plan for achieving those objectives, including how best to integrate this into the day to day activities of the GRA platform teams.
- Incorporate ESG into GRA investment decision making including investment committee recommendations.
- Develop a GRA RI client centered publication that summarizes the RI activities of the platform and supports the market profile of the GRA platform as a real assets leader in its chosen areas of activity.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, ecology, earth sciences, sustainable/international development, or related field
- Five years of investment (portfolio management or research), sustainability or responsible investment
- Clear understanding of the principles of Responsible Investment as applied to the Built Environment.
- Experience working in a climate-change related field; familiarity with up to date developments in climate change-related investment issues.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external relationships
- Ability to work independently
- MBA or Master's degree in related field
- Industry certifications (CFA, MAI, CCIM)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.