Aegon Asset Management is a leading global investor. Our 360 investment professionals manage and advise on assets of US$386 billion for a global client-base of pension plans, public funds, insurance companies, banks, wealth managers, family offices and foundations.
We organize our investment capabilities around four focused platforms: fixed income, real assets, equities, and multi-asset & solutions. Each platform has dedicated teams with deep asset-class expertise, organized globally and committed to maximizing client benefit from their specialist areas.
We share a common belief in fundamental, research-driven active management, underpinned by effective risk management and a commitment to responsible investment.
We are an international business: Our 1,200 employees work from 17 locations across Europe, the Americas and Asia.
Position Overview: Lead the management and development of fixed income product offerings at Aegon Investment Management. Responsible for managing the overall fixed income product suite globally. Identify opportunities to position existing fixed income capabilities or launch new initiatives that can drive the growth of the fixed income platform across retail and institutional clients Manage fixed income product offerings across various jurisdictions throughout the product life cycle, including product enhancements and changes,, pricing and new offering launches.
- Monitor and evaluate the current fixed income product suite for performance, profitability, client suitability and delivery of investment objectives/policy.
- Contribute to the development of new products based on market demand, competitive intelligence, internal capabilities and profitability. Evaluate the feasibility and generate new product business cases.
- Help position the firm’s investment strategies, research product/competitive trends, central point of contract for pricing, structuring (product packaging) and drive product management initiatives.
- Partner with PM Team and Marketing to ensure a clear and compelling competitive marketing message for each strategy.
- Work closely with Sales to act as a liaison within the organization on product specific matters .
- Interface with Investments, Marketing, Distribution, Legal and Compliance, Risk Control and Management, Finance, Operations as related to product management.
- Assist in the developing the firm’s product strategy and establishing product goals and prioritization.
- Act as a firm-wide resource for fixed income product information, including understanding competitive positioning, pricing, evolving market trends, etc.
- Participate in product-related initiatives related to market alignment and product line rationalization across channels and segments.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to provide guidance and detailed product information to portfolio managers, marketing, sales, and clients related to due diligence.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field or equivalent experience.
- Seven years of related experience, including product management experience.
- Experience in fixed income investment/asset management, which may include functional responsibilities in product development/management and portfolio management/trading,.
- Experience in the product life cycle, from idea generation through implementation.
- Understanding of product wrappers (e.g. private placements, 40 Act registered, collective trusts, ETFs, off-shore funds including UCITS)
- Strong knowledge of fixed income competitive landscape and market trends, including ESG
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
- Quantitative/qualitative problem solving and research skills.
- Communication skills for frequent interaction with senior leaders, portfolio managers and distribution staff.
- Ability to influence team members and take ownership of projects and execute on strategy.
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of candidate’s relevant experience and other job-related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
We are open to considering flexible working practices. Please talk to us about what this means for you.
- MBA or CFA
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.