Aegon Asset Management is leading global investor. Our 360 investment professionals manage and advise on assets of US$386 billion for a global client-base of pension plans, public funds, insurance companies, banks, wealth managers, family offices and foundations.
We organize our investment capabilities around four focused platforms: fixed income, real assets, equities, and multi-asset & solutions. Each platform has dedicated teams with deep asset-class expertise, organized globally and committed to maximizing client benefit from their specialist areas.
We share a common belief in fundamental, research-driven active management, underpinned by effective risk management and a commitment to responsible investment.
We are an international business: Our 1,200 employees work from 17 locations across Europe, the Americas and Asia.
Aegon Asset Management is seeking a Senior Research Analyst to join our Global Credit Research team. Based in our Cedar Rapids or Chicago office, you will be responsible for providing high quality fundamental credit research through the qualitative and quantitative analysis of corporate fixed-income issuers in an assigned coverage universe. In addition, you are expected to effectively communicate fundamental views and trade recommendations to portfolio managers and other investment professionals across our platform.
- Provide value added fundamental analysis of the public securities of ~30-40 companies within the high yield energy sector
- Gather data, assess trends, forecast metrics, and provide outlooks on companies
- Monitor industry conditions and assess how trends and themes may affect the credit quality of companies within the sector
- Apply strong knowledge of relative value and market technicals/sentiment to fundamental analysis
- Effectively communicate original, defendable, and actionable trade recommendations that generate excess returns for clients
- Maintain and publish value added content and reports on covered companies
- Develop and maintain relationships with external industry experts and counterparts
- 6-8 years of experience within the investment or a closely related industry
- Experience in a research position
- BA required
- MBA preferred
- Preference to prior coverage in the energy sector.
- Fluency with Microsoft Excel, Bloomberg, Capital IQ and/or SNL
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- CFA Charter
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of candidate’s relevant experience and other job-related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from embracing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation
including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
We are open to considering flexible working practices. Please talk to us about what this means for you.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.