Aegon Asset Management is leading global investor. Our 360 investment professionals manage and advise on assets of US$386 billion for a global client-base of pension plans, public funds, insurance companies, banks, wealth managers, family offices and foundations.
We organize our investment capabilities around four focused platforms: fixed income, real assets, equities, and multi-asset & solutions. Each platform has dedicated teams with deep asset-class expertise, organized globally and committed to maximizing client benefit from their specialist areas.
We share a common belief in fundamental, research-driven active management, underpinned by effective risk management and a commitment to responsible investment.
We are an international business: Our 1,200 employees work from 17 locations across Europe, the Americas and Asia.
This Structured Finance Analyst position is responsible for researching, underwriting and actively managing structured securities (ABS, CMBS, RMBS) for performance measured portfolios. The analyst will be asked to apply a combination of qualitative and quantitative analysis in order to support research recommendations directly to clients or within a team discussion.
- Provide support to ABS, CMBS and RMBS modeling and surveillance activities.
- Articulate an investment thesis after analyzing multiple factors affecting the performance of a security.
- Analyze detailed transactions with multiple variables, understanding legal documents which govern each transaction, and updating cash flow models to forecast performance of an ABS, RMBS or CMBS security.
- Provide progressive monitoring and surveillance to the structured portfolio. This includes monthly review and analysis of servicer reports and other published information on security performance, detailed credit analysis of the financial condition of sellers, servicers and collateral, trend analysis with respect to performance variables, and overall research of industry issues within assigned sectors.
- Be responsive to client requests about structured portfolio holdings including performance trends, stress test results, internal ratings, analytics, projected required capital, and cash flow timing.
- Provide comprehensive assessment of performance by synthesizing relevant macro data and fundamental research of the issuer and sector.
- Assist the Structured Trading Team with the monthly pricing of the portfolio and quarterly performance.
- Assist efforts to improve portfolio analytical capabilities using industry-standard software as well as potential development of proprietary modeling and analytical tools.
- Recommend trade ideas through on-going surveillance and review of secondary/new issue activities.
- Process deal recommendations accordant with market timelines.
- BS degree in Finance or related field
- Generally, 3-5 years or more years of direct and related investment experience
- Seasoned analytical, research, quantitative or trading skills
- Seasoned and proven judgement in the field of fixed income
- BS degree in Finance, Business, or related quantitative field
- Generally, 10 years of direct and related investment and asset management experience
- Demonstrated analytical, research, quantitative and trading skills
- Proven judgement in the field of securitized fixed income
- Excelling track record of effective written and communication skills
- Direct modeling skills, including validating outputs from source documentation
- Advanced Excel, coding skills, and ability to manipulate big data sets
- Graduate degree
- Familiar with asset origination and securitization process specifically in mortgage credit
- Candidate has (senior) or must be willing to pursue the CFA
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation
including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
We are open to considering flexible working practices. Please talk to us about what this means for you.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs, please contact: email@example.com.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.